Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1994 Tracker won't start after checking compression
8v no starts (test fuel not tried, i guess) spark good.
compression is horrid ! and now Real.(validated real) we are getting lots of good hard facts now, GOOD !
100 psi is wrong dead wrong, and there is no way for all to be low (and same) if cam is good, and valves can not all leak same amount , no way.
someone install 2 or 3 head gaskets at once, wrecking CR?

what is plenum vacuum cranked , dead engine, with DP defeated,(dash pot retracted by hand) near 5 inches good 0 bad.
so, drop the exhaust header flamage say 1/8 to 1/4" inch let it breath. i bet #1 hits 150 psi or more.now. if does BINGO !!!!

Flooding sure.
pull fuel pump relay and use test fuel , does it run 3 seconds on test fuel, (repeat 3 times for effect ) this (hides leaking injectors and funky FPREG and ends all flooding now.)
does test fuel work.? correctly now, engine sound great. each time, USE WOT cranking to clear old flood.
the reg can be tested on any G16 engine, dead or not engine.
using a fuel pressure gauge and a hand vacuum tool.
super easy,

keyon, fuel pressure shows now.(ill guess , as each has its own personality and will vary by altitude)
keyon 3 times and pressure holds each time. if not leaks. are somewhere.
the 8v does not use plenum vacuum like the 16v, so is immune that.
8v is like 37PSI. (good) not 0 not 60 not 55, not 20 , but in spec.
i then apply vacuum to its nipple .FFR nipple.

this vacuum sucks down fuel pressure, same as going up Mt Everset. and for same reason,
that nipple must not leak fuel !!!
this magic keeps injection perfect (at a fixed pulse width) the same despite altitude changes.
it will suck down to 31 or about 6psi or more see graphic.(from yours now)
the graph is better,my gringo graph. ( its all theory, not validated yet, the 16v does this) im not sure the 8v rules for altitude, but is lots)
please tell me yours. love to get feed back on that. (suck down limits)
http://www.fixkick.com/sensors/tests/FPress-reg1.html

bottom left/ lower graph point, is a dead engine 0" inch vacuum. (or 1 atmosphere as we say)
i can suck it down to 21psi if maniacal hand pumper....to 26inches HG. (or more if wilder )some tools can suck better, sure.

1 bar vac nets 1 bar change fuel (16v), but in usa we use inches and so that rule make not much sense but is true.

id be all over test fuel, with no fuel pump relay installed (green socket relay)
after all, maybe engine is just flooding and the rings have no oil from that and leak, (nah, i dont thinkg the rings are leaking,) suspect cat blockage.
flooding is normal for no spark (coil good)
and cat melted or muff packed in cat blow out guts.(drop header and see) sure 02 stuck , most are.
or low compression, on 8v makes the ecu over inject. (it dont know VE rules for engines that can not pump air, so mess up big time cranked)
or huge fuel pressure, 60psi is shunt spec, and dead wrong.
or injector leaks (it or ecu stuck on)
or s cracked fpreg diaphram."FPR" letting the vacuum nipple puke tons of fuel to intake.
or injector two o-rings leaking around TBI injector. (eye ball tests)
or isc stuck closed, or dash pot failing to open ,key off and key on. DP never retracts until engine runs and then 5 to 10 sec later. this air is important.
or the ECT reads like in Siberia say -29F (6000 ohms is normal cold,not extreme temps)

this is why i pull the fuel pump relay and make sure engine is happy running on test fuel to avoid all this above stuff, first.

a key test that is, tests fuel test, with dead fuel pump on purpose.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1994 Tracker won't start after checking compression - by fixkick - 01-31-2015, 03:08 AM