Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1989 suzuki sidekick wont stay running
(03-08-2021, 05:38 AM)Shaarc5 Wrote: 1. I can get codes from the box diag inside cab or in engine bay near battery jumping the blue/yellow and ground/black.
2. As no codes I meant all I get is code 12 a OK.
3. I hooked up the Noid light on the injector wires back probed to keep connected to be able to start and run. Noid light stayed on while running and gets brighter while revving up.
4. I tried unhooking the ECT again while running and this time I noticed it immediately started running better, almost would idle on its own and I could rack the throttle and it would rev up smoother. I unplugged map sensor while ECT was still unplugged and it ran even better. It now is idling on its own and I can rev it up quite a bit high with a single rack of the throttle. If I plug them both back in it stalls.
5. I also now can get code 14 (ect), and code 32 (map) while its running.
6. Plug wires 2+ years old. Same looking spark at end of all four spark plug wires. My rotor only goes on one way. I believe the service switch is only on newer sidekicks. As the same with the jumper diagnostic connector for ignition timing.
seems to me the ECU is under injecting  in normal modes. (but why)?
are you sure the map works correctly from keyon only and at idle?  (2 tests)?
no hand tool, just normal hoses , see is MAP runs ok, under 2 conditions, keyon, then with idle forced. (vacuum ports can fail and hoses can collapse even inside.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1989 suzuki sidekick wont stay running - by fixkick - 03-08-2021, 07:07 AM