Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater fan Motor
is the heater blower off or on with noise present?
first off noises can be easy to find and some dangerous and very hard to find (out side cab is that)
the most key fact of all is the noise with car not moving. (this fact alone removes vast sources of noise, transmission, u-joint, and axles , and brakes and suspension parts)
the transmission gears are off the hook for guilty. but not the shift lever.( and part #27 inside)
its not the speedo cable, it's not turning, parked. (so is is NOT IT)
i guess the noise only happens engine running. even some times in neutral.(rare but is a KEY FACTOR)
i bet 1/2 these old cars all have bad heater resistor, and I bet lots of other things bad too, with the owner not knowing it, bad hoses and belts, and more (missing parts).
so the association of that simple resistor to noise, I can not fathom how it can make noise unless the mounting screws to it are very loose. (glove box off bingo?)
noise has many causes. more on noise here.
http://www.fixkick.com/NOISE.html

Location is really all that maters, after all you are not going to replace all parts in the car, all 3000 just to find it,or tighten every screw and replace all missing hard to find plastic Suzuki rivets to cure it. I bet not.

This noise seems to me to be harmless, after all car was not moving when the same noise happened, regardless of rarity, you know the noise is harmless.
One other way to find noise in a CAB ,
if not sure, (open the windows on the car next time noise happens , to see if the noise gets loader? or seems to be outside.
Even open the doors, and listen.
To find CAB noise one method is to just push on things, push all things in reach to see if the noise stops. even rest hand on the gear shift now, press the console, push on dash.
if the sound changes or ends, bingo.
I can not hear your noise but I seems to be as CAB noise.
My guess is it is pure mechanical noise, (unless relays click or that silly steering column beeper makes noise) it would be mechanical (all accessories off too is test, heater too)

if the noise only happen with the heater blower on, well that be super obvious. no?

even here , the fan can have objects that do not belong here (no AC means no AC core, means more access to critters)
http://www.fixkick.com/Cooling-engine/he...ge_24.html

with the engine idling it can shake, and the parts that go trough the fire wall, speedo cable.
and all things that pass through the fire wall shake too and if the grommet there is missing or damage, it can make noise
or allow things in the dash to shake and make nose, (endless list or parts in dash,

as this clearly shows. all the shakers and movers, endless.
critters and leaves can land here.
http://www.fixkick.com/Cooling-engine/he...ge_23.html

Quote: The car is in the USA. 2 door, 2wd, 5 speed stick shift.
No AC, no power windows.
It is hard to get someone to locate the sound, because the sound is heard almost always when the car is moving at lower RPMS.
Only once or twice did I hear the same sound when the car was idling and I was parked, and that is rare, so it is hard for me to see where it is coming from.
Not sure if it is the speedometer cable, because of the rare occasion I've heard it when the car is parked.
As far as the heater resistor, I was suspicious of that because only the 3rd and 4th heater fan setting blow air. '
The first two (low speed fan) do not work.

If the problem is the ECU, should I start at looking at relays under the glove box? (looking will do nothing here , but listening, will and for sure using a hose to ear or $5 mechanics stethoscope will work, but that is all about locations, really any of the 100 odd parts under the dash can make noise if 1 is loose, or not seated in the clips correctly.

if the problem is electric, it will get worse, for sure chattering relays or VSV valve of any kind,

if this car didnt make noise ,i be more amazed, it is old car.
even the vents flappers bad can rattle. the list is near endless but if not moving and noise happens, say 1/2 the parts on car are not suspect.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Heater fan Motor - by Seberth - 10-01-2018, 07:24 AM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by fixkick - 10-01-2018, 09:48 AM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by sina27 - 12-19-2018, 05:30 AM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by fixkick - 12-19-2018, 06:28 AM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by sina27 - 12-19-2018, 11:55 AM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by fixkick - 12-19-2018, 09:54 PM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by fixkick - 12-19-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by fixkick - 12-20-2018, 03:11 AM
RE: Heater fan Motor - by fixkick - 12-20-2018, 03:18 AM