Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'94 Tracker hesitation/stuttering at low RPM smooth idle
VSV egr ,,must not chatter,ever, if that is the ECU EGR VSV control line , bouncing from 0v to 12v then 0v, that is the ECU messing up. ( a fact for sure, only why remains !!!)
ECU messup for many reasons, bad power, bad inputs, or even so wire to it shorting to the body or frame, one such wire is the damn 02 power wire, will short and ecu goes MAD.
that is why asked to unplug it, and for sure make sure the 02 wires are not burned, and touching the body of car (ground)

you "unplugged the VSV" does that mean the electrical plug, or unplugged vacuum lines or all 3? please use all words, vacuum or electrical when you say unplug...xyz
head lamps not dimming?, i think you mean low beam failed,(high and low beams those are ) (some call it bright;dim but is not what it does,electrically, it is high .low BEAMS only)
when I say dim I mean the lamps , are dim, as in 12vdc to the lamp is now 10v or 8v. due to Alternator went dead or if the ground wire to the bulbs are rusty, loose or bad. causes invalid ..voltages (low) to the lamp, in electrics the hot side 12v or ground side can fail.

we use a volt meter to see voltage drops, , and why, easy.
Key testing methods use:
use the batteries negative lug as a reference point to prove that, ground is 0.5vdc or less, suzuki spec.(small wires)

good a stock harness in your Frankensammy, at least there will be no missing wires. only bad or missing connections or shorts.

the ECU is just small computer, and like all computers it needs
good grounds to it and all its sensors and actuators (vsv is and output actuator)
good power. 12vdc good, 8v not ever good.
VSV logic.
then the idle switch closes at idle, and opens off idle. to 5vdc on the TPS, idle switch pin , A18 on the ECU, is idle pin. seen in the schematic and below.
with the engine hot the EGR is electrically enabled. when the idle switch opens and stays active driving (5vdc) , unless you WOT the throttle, and the TP pin B7(ecu) goes to 4v about.
just like my flow diagram above, the EGR shows see that active zone is off idle?, it does not chatter, no VSV on this car chatters,
the flow profil is all done by VACUUM magic, we will not discuss that now, as this is a VSV hard nut failure, here. (why unknown now)
You changed ECU then didnt tell both ecu suffix part numbers, used, why? ECU numbers matter. always. 58Bxx (what is xx, all i need is the xx code) there. every time you talk ECU.
If i had to guess bad grounds on the wires on my list, G100 up. they all must be present, and clean and tight no rust , no loose bolts, tight only works for grounds, for sure.

if you know how to back-probe the ECU connector using meter (volts) and one back probe needle you wn watch the pins on the ECU. live,
mentioned here.
http://www.fixkick.com/sensors/tests/TPS...backprobes

but what ECU is there, you have not told me that, nor your door counts (sure 2door sammi body) nor transmission type 3sp./4sp or 5sp stick"
try to know that im clueless as to what 94 car the parts were removed from, totally, all; I know now is 94 and G16B and NOTHING ELSE. not even country told.
ECU 101:
94 16v, uses 33920 is the prefix code on all ECU the the suffix codes
MT -58B90 ecu
AT- 58B00 ecu. B30 is calif version 00 is fed. if car was sold in canada new, it has its OWN ECU, that is why I ask the suffix numbers on both your ECUs ok?

you will have one of those, AT = autotrans, MT = manual trans, that you not told me yet. (im sure sammy is 5sp, but what was the donor car, im clueless, but the ECU will tell me that.

all 1994, then 1995 they changed,
since this is a FrankenSAMMY, then anything is possible, until seen. (the label tells me what is there)
Actions to test:
so what I do is read the sticker first so I know what ECU I'm dealing then goto the below link.
to the ecu page
seen this yet? all pins documented here, 92-95 G16B 16valves. USA.
http://www.fixkick.com/ECU/16v-ecu-pins.html

and then the 2 pages linked there. fsm pin page 1 and 2? bingo for checking voltages in these ECU.
step one. (bests is to inspect the grounds in the G100 table, after all , you go ,wow looky here, the distrib ground harness is just loose, sigh.
1: connect the voltmeter neg black wire (on volts ranges) to the battery neg lug, Use a long jumper wire to do that, this lets us find bad grounds effortlessly after this step is done.
ok the meter now has a perfect ground now. (vital steps)
next?
2: back probe the ECU connector pins, using a needle or real needle probe. in the red meter lead. to the ECU pins.
3: check the key on voltages, first, see a15? that is your VSV pin, EGR.
check all power pins and ground pins first. 12vdc is power, ground is 0v, , 0.5vdc or less , 1v is BAD grounds.
Pin B6 is 5vdc if not 4.75 to 5.25volts the ECU is bad or that pin is shorted in the harness somewhear, the page 2 link shows red stars, those are all critical power pins (ground is too, B1/B2)

those tables use the B+ symbol this means battery Plus voltages, 11.5 to 12.5 keyon, running engine is alternator voltage about 14v, ok? that is why they say B+

warning do not be confused and A an B connectors
GM in there great wisdom (sarc) changed B to A. wow , but no the numbers , omg , lucky us.
in my pages B is the powerside.

as seen on my page ecu for above car here.

[Image: ECU-16v-92w.JPG]
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: '94 Tracker hesitation/stuttering at low RPM smooth idle - by fixkick - 05-09-2018, 10:38 PM