Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm lost cant figure this thing out
(10-14-2015, 01:22 PM)suzuki sidekick Wrote: K I have a 95 Suzuki sidekick it revs fine in neutral and park but when I put it in gear reverse or drive it falls on its face (has absolute no power engine wise it wont even pull itself on flat land. I was told that a 3/16 line is to small to run from the tank to the rail plz help it has me puzzled

This a car you picked up? Or did this behavior begin after some other work? If that's the stock size fuel line, I'd think you would be fine, and it's something else.

Sometimes can be simple as a fuel line or fuel filter being partially clogged or kinked. When clogged pretty good can still pass just enough gas to allow you to start and rev when not under load, but then when you need the additional for the HP, there's not enough volume possible.

Fixkick can give you a more thorough step by step diagnosis though…hold on a bit.

Only time I ever suffered similar behavior in mine was on 2 occasions… 1) when my fuel pump was going out (wouldn't rev beyond a certain RPM eventually, but did run enough to get me home), and 2) one horrible winter when my fuel pressure regulator was dying. Had fuel in oil then though, that was the tell-tale clue, it was flooding things out, black smoke, spastic running.

rc

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm lost cant figure this thing out - by GeoHacker - 10-14-2015, 02:05 PM