Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.6 8v turbo (getting there)
(06-27-2015, 08:57 PM)fixkick Wrote: greetings and welcome. nice summer project !

the map fits on the fire wall, and vacuum to its own special nipple. at rear of intake.
seen here, the twin hose , prevents freeze ups (ice ups) when cold and blocking vacuum to map. btw.
http://www.fixkick.com/fresh-air/Slide_S...ge_43.html

the early engine has odd vacuum hoses. (frames 41 to 45 above)
the dash pot, VSV valve? smashed is easy to do ,its very fragile.
no egr, so do dont use it. (it might throw code 51 DTC, cross fingers it dont go to limphome mode, like same california, ECU do)
the dash pot missing means starting engine can be harder, missing all that fresh air.... may flood starting.
one guy i know adds foot throttle about 5% to start car, due to that DP missing.
if the vsv is missing the DP is active full time. and engine screams 3ooo or more at hot idle. so then he took the actual DP off TB. and no more DP.
the ECU assumes it works, and sets fuel ratio based on it working to start cold.

with the EGR main missing the VSV is useless. sure.

Excellent thanks for the info. "so then he took the actual DP off TB. and no more DP" So essentially i'll just be deleting the DP system all together. This shouldn't be a problem especially considering the vehicle won't be used as a daily driver. Recreational use only.

as far as the MAP goes. I'm familiar with the location, what I can't seem to find is a part # for the piece you referred to going into the rear of the intake it is # 19 on the diagram that you linked.. Does anyone have a part # for this? I suppose I could take the diagram to the suzuki dealership and have them try to track it down.

A few photos for fun

Messages In This Thread
1.6 8v turbo (getting there) - by werd - 06-27-2015, 10:41 AM
RE: 1.6 8v turbo (getting there) - by fixkick - 06-27-2015, 08:57 PM
RE: 1.6 8v turbo (getting there) - by werd - 06-28-2015, 03:39 AM
RE: 1.6 8v turbo (getting there) - by fixkick - 06-28-2015, 04:35 AM
RE: 1.6 8v turbo (getting there) - by werd - 08-27-2015, 01:11 PM
RE: 1.6 8v turbo (getting there) - by fixkick - 08-27-2015, 10:39 PM