Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
put my 8v motor back in my tracker won't start
(02-02-2015, 10:17 PM)fixkick Wrote: first of all, welcome ! and will help you all I can.
what year? 89 or 95? (usa range)

spark timed right? using a timing light (light works running or not)
is the cam timed (belt) to #4 per FSM (factory service manual spec?)

is the crank cog bolt 17mm set to 94 foot/lbs, per TSB on topic? if not the key will shear.

the battery cable minus belongs on the starter mount bolt or expensive things burn up. even ECU

new bottom end:
crank front key good, and set to proper tongue.
crank with no fuel pump relay, to check top end oiling, if no oiling , stop and fix now, i get 55psi oil pressure just cranking , with no fuel pump relay.
cam must be timed per 8v page. http://www.fixkick.com/t-belt/tbelt8v.html
then lash.
then check compression , 150 psi x4 , wide open throttle , if not above is wrong. for sure.
spark timing (time light) set to hood sticker, spec. then fine tuned after runs. (using timing freeze jumper clip)

to kill fuel pump. i pull the relay or remove left rear tail light and pull that large pink wire connector there, this kills pump ,the most easy.
the under ECU relay with green socket and pink wire is fuel pump relay.

i never run any new engine until the oil pump pressure is good, and top end oiling happens, ever.
[Image: pressure-good.jpg]

the head has a 0.050" orifice that must not be blocked or head burns up, cam bearing go BOOM.
this orifice is on purpose, to save crank bearings, if head blows.

step 34

http://www.fixkick.com/engine/97-motor-p...m-end.html

Its a 93. All timing is right and the crank bolt is cranked to 94ftpounds. How do I go about checking for topend oiling? I primed the new oil pump. How do I check the oil pressure?

Messages In This Thread
RE: put my 8v motor back in my tracker won't start - by aarontupper - 02-03-2015, 01:29 AM