Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to Know About Bypassing the Fuel Pump Relay to a Manual Toggle Switch
Quote: The FRANKen KICK or FRANKenKicktor ! : "i rewired the ignition key, as I rewired that to a farm-tractor ignition"
its frankenKICKtor , and all time first .

YOUR 1989 MAIN RELAY IS LONG GONE, ITS NOT THERE, THE 9 PIN RELAY IS GONE. THE 4 PIN NEVER CAME ON ANY 89. EVER.

ISC 89 GOT THIS STILL (IDLES SPEED CONTROL DEVICE)?
[Image: ECT%20and%20IAT.jpg]

back to idle
NO functioning CEL LAMP, so what if the ECU is flashing, "dead Idle switch DTC #44", all day, and you expect the idle to work. ? it wont ..not ever,

YOU REWIRED THE IGNITION.
so that defeated many a features to the ECU. , Ripping out MAIN.
The ecu monitors, starting, so it can tell if you are key crank starting or push starting or starting in gear.
it also controls the operation of the logic in the 9 pin MAIN/pump relay. , my guess after defeating all that, someone yanked out the real main
and wired it like a 91. (im very close to the truth?)
Quote:the real post is :
"How to run 89SIDEKICK , with no ignition , switch, or main relay (stock) and not catch on fire.?
nor any drawing made of the illegal mods.
most shops don't like to work on cars with defeated crash and burn logic, due to "SMART", or Insurance co. forbids it.

post the photos of the hacks, and i promise, answers get better 100% ..... for sure......
or factory drawings, with red inked mods. (my schematic pages cover it)

PC paint. style edits are easy.
-- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my guess is the story really is.
1: ignition switch failed, , it costs too much to replace, so hacked in $3 toggle. ETC.
2: now the MAIN is dead. (yes, the work together as TEAM)
3: so hacked in a alien main -fuel pump main relay (off 91+ car...). (unknown, no photos, relay pn not revealed.)
4: now the ECU is pissed. now that, the start and clutch logic is defeated. ( if the logic is wrong, the ECU can think, its cranking for ever, or? you name it.)
5: CEL burned out last year, ( now blinded by lack of light, LOL)
6: idle 300......

I say , it's amazing it runs at all. ( If you crash, (gawd forbid) run like hell. you defeated the safety features...)
Fuel fires can be a beach. Youtube it.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
HOW TO WIRE A FRANKEN-KICKTOR. - by fixkick - 05-06-2013, 10:54 AM
FRANKEN-KICKTOR - by fixkick - 05-07-2013, 01:07 AM
Franken_KickTOR, fueling ,etc. - by fixkick - 05-12-2013, 03:11 AM
the Franken-KickTOR ! - by fixkick - 05-12-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: the Franken-KickTOR ! - by YemayasMoon - 05-13-2013, 02:54 AM