Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to Know About Bypassing the Fuel Pump Relay to a Manual Toggle Switch
Thanks Kick. Smile

Now, little story here... When Jr first quit starting, last week, I had pulled what I thought must be the fuel relay, and took it to my local auto parts stores. The reason I pulled this part, is because it was hanging down, hovering over my clutch pedal, and I had never seen that before. Anyway, the all the guys at the various auto parts stores told me the part I was holding was the brake relay, so I looked up the fuel relay online, and it looked quite different from the part I had in my hand, so I figured they must be right, and plugged that little part back into where it was hanging.

My friend, the woman I live with, went ahead, behind my back, and ordered a fuel relay. That part was delivered this morning, and she gave it to me, saying, "Well, Happy Mother's Day." Go see if that fits on Jr. It WAS the exact same part that all the guys at the parts stores said was a brake relay.
This is it: (the old one)
[Image: Image2_zps27b58466.jpg]

I plugged the new one in, and Jr started up right away, hardly any smoke, and no revving at cold start like he has been doing for years. lolol

So.... I am mobile again, and still looking forward to doing all the other tests including first changing the bulbs in the dash. At least I have my ride back. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
HOW TO WIRE A FRANKEN-KICKTOR. - by fixkick - 05-06-2013, 10:54 AM
FRANKEN-KICKTOR - by fixkick - 05-07-2013, 01:07 AM
RE: Need to Know About Bypassing the Fuel Pump Relay to a Manual Toggle Switch - by YemayasMoon - 05-11-2013, 11:51 PM
Franken_KickTOR, fueling ,etc. - by fixkick - 05-12-2013, 03:11 AM
the Franken-KickTOR ! - by fixkick - 05-12-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: the Franken-KickTOR ! - by YemayasMoon - 05-13-2013, 02:54 AM