Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to Know About Bypassing the Fuel Pump Relay to a Manual Toggle Switch
all the tools are very cheap at harbor freight, just open the box before , walking out door, see if there is no damage. 12,000 to china the trip can do damage.
case in point, seen the needles on gages, fall off. i buy them as backup to my good tools or for fittings, etc.
one tool that is great is the vacuum hand pump (brass) but the fitting for brakes are useless. feels like chewing gum , so i use my Mityvac for brake work and HF for true vacuum testings.
fi the blue smoke goes away, than all is well. old engines, will smoke and burn oil after parking. it leaks down from the valves stems , that are well worn. (the valve seals really don't stop this) most old cars smoke , it it burn oil, unless $2000 new engine is only your list....

the black smoke is the rich cold mixture and seems way to rich to me, on a good system the black is like a few seconds then goes away.
but not your car....
on a car this old, it can be , many failures. (never seen one that was not, after 24 years)
1:; CEL lamp just burned out, the cheap bulbs last 750 hrs, max. if diag fuse is left, in that burns the lamp out in just 2 years. flashing 12s, 2 hr per day.
normal life span would be 31 year life of bulb (4seconds per day 1 trip per day) if 2 trips a day 15 life time..... so..... seems time for a new one.
a #18 GE bulb is what it is.
2: high fuel pressure, causing flooding, why no look at spark tips for free, see the evidence of horrid rich fuel injections.
3: ECT bad, and setting , fuel for Alaska temperatures.
4: you can fix the CEL for free. or $1 lamp,w/ only a screwdriver to check bulb or to drop the speedo , CEL bulb holder. (what if the CEL had a DTC message for you, imagine that...)
5: It may be your compression is ok, and the mechanic, messed up, sad you must spend $20 to find his error. Compression wrong, on all 4 tells, me the belt is timed wrong. that makes all timing wrong, cam and spark, and cause the ECU to go a little nuts. like that.

no starts are , simple,. (bad compression, wrong valve lash, wrong cam timing)
bad spark. (weak , timed wrong, or the above, remember the cam drives the dizzy, like dead horse and wagon the wagon is useless) free too, to see of the spark is good. ( but timing light $15)
fueling, there are simple tests to check fueling, both are free ,on 8v. spark tips, colors, and smell and dripping fuel after nostart. or looking at the injector , with eyes, all 100% free of cash.
I wont count a spark plug socket as that is needed by all DIY tuneups.

on an old car like this , a working CEL lamp , is a necessity. in fact, can tell you the ECU is dead, and locked in to backup mode flooding for ever.
wont know , until you look.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
HOW TO WIRE A FRANKEN-KICKTOR. - by fixkick - 05-06-2013, 10:54 AM
FRANKEN-KICKTOR - by fixkick - 05-07-2013, 01:07 AM
RE: Need to Know About Bypassing the Fuel Pump Relay to a Manual Toggle Switch - by fixkick - 05-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Franken_KickTOR, fueling ,etc. - by fixkick - 05-12-2013, 03:11 AM
the Franken-KickTOR ! - by fixkick - 05-12-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: the Franken-KickTOR ! - by YemayasMoon - 05-13-2013, 02:54 AM