Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to Know About Bypassing the Fuel Pump Relay to a Manual Toggle Switch
i pictured in mind mind ,a boat key in the dash , ok.
but the wiring is what counts.
all wires cut.?
every wire to the EFI/ECU. they all have very important purpose and whats cut or wired wrong needs to be known.?

the ECU has wires and the 9 pin stock main relay , has wires going to ECU and ignition switch and fuel pump.
those are what count.

that is a real 89 Throttle body and real EGR. Federal version not calif.
if the egr stick open, the motor will run real slow at idle and may stall. 800 is normal, hot, faster cold.

The car came with this , what happened to it?
this was below the ECU , when the car left the factory,
are those wires all cut?

[Image: 89-main-relay.jpg]

i have a joke, now that its wired like a tractor.
take the carb off it (tractor) , move it to the kick, job done.
http://www.fixkick.com
Sad 
Okay, sorry, it's been a while since I started this, but health got in the way for a while.

What I have done, so far, is replaced the fuel relay, and the fuel pump. A friend did the fuel pump for me, and since the new fuel pump has been put in, Jr fires right up.... problem though, is when I touch the accelerator pedal. The moment I touch the gas pedal, Jr stalls...??? Could something have been put back in backwards, when my friend did the fuel pump change? ...And if so, what?
There is no way to guess.
only doing tests, solve this.
i guess he never checked the pressure with a real guage?
after all, there are like 9 things to fail, not just a bad pump cause low bad pressures.

each time we do something, we check to see if what we did cures the low pressure, or makes it worse, or perfect..

im not sayings its low pressure, but that is the first test, if motor is good, seems so, and spark is good, seems so.
its like building a house the roof is last.
same deal.

good motor.? test1
good spark , test2
good fuel pressure, test3 (we are here until measure pressure at the fuel filter test port.)
then we play with Injection rates,etc. test4

harbor freight has the guage for under $20 and has the suzuki hose that fits. perfect.

glad your health is good,, fire ants almost took mine. ICU time......
http://www.fixkick.com