Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help confirm the data of 96 Sidekick Sport 1.8l
here is my 1996,  
see the factory cat, see the shields, all that is stock.
see the O2 sensor REAR,  (a.k.a. down stream) this sensor does the P0421 magic cat good tests, only.

photos,. see cat? see O2 rear? and transfer case.
[Image: 96MT_underbodyexperience%20%2812%29.JPG]

the G16b has the same problem,  super super common and same results (02 front goes MAD) and burns way too much fuel.  seen and found by vast owners fixers.
Easy fix on G16b, manifolds are sold, but not J18, no aftermarket manifold that I can fin, but googling all day is not my bag.

[Image: 96-num4-cracked.JPG]

shields off day 1, look and behold cracks,  front or rear.  and it will not GET BETTER IN TIME.

I'd weld up my own from scratch if none sold. or costs too much. 
The J18 engine is a rare engine, very few cars sold (besides Esteem) and makers of parts do not want to make parts for rare cars.. (tooling costs huge ,profits low to  none)

the G16b engine, this is sold. (was sold and maybe now, but just showing you what aftermarket parts can look like here. one of the best in fact.)
[Image: cammini-header.jpg]not YOURS !
but
here it is...

your manifold from SUZUKI real is, P/N #) is :::::  14111-77EA0
$375 from calif, suzuki,  plus tax, plus ship.

FAQ: on this,
  • No the G16 manifolds will not fit,
  • nor from any esteem or swift or any other car.
  • a J20 engine (not FWD front wheel drive) may fit, IDK, and will never know. from say a VITARA 1999 up..
  • Yes, the J18 is  under-stroked J20, and yes many parts inside a j20 do in fact fit a J18 but manifolds  , IDK, and well never know.
  • The J20 comes in many generations too, A and B, and more, and are not the same in may regards. (years matter)

YMMV,  your motor  may vary, cheers
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help confirm the data of 96 Sidekick Sport 1.8l - by fixkick - 01-20-2020, 12:03 AM