Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help confirm the data of 96 Sidekick Sport 1.8l
(01-13-2020, 09:05 AM)rasmeidirt Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 06:17 AM)fixkick Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 09:44 PM)rasmeidirt Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 09:29 PM)fixkick Wrote: It must be in closed loop at idle and ,easy cruise.
so something is very wrong with your EFI.
LT FTRM1 (%) (Long Term Fuel Trim1) -14.8   (this is huge number, means engine runs rich. and EFI must subtract lots of fuel to gain fuel mix right)
why loop the tool, on ) O2S11 (bank 1 sensor one (bank 2 is for V6 engine) you have no V6 engine and no bank 2, so that printout is wrong, calling it Bank 2.
s1 is front (focus on S1)
s2 is rear 02. ok.  forget this.
loop the tool on the front 02 sensor, and set it to graphic mode,  
https://fixkick.com/sensors/O2%20sensor/O2b1s1.jpg
here is real 0-scope (prof scope tek) as you can see a real scope does not miss swings. (the tool is super fast)
https://fixkick.com/smog/oxy2-2500rpm.jpg
Look at this OBD2 STAT (OBD Status) CA, it is something about California?? My car is federal.

at 3000 rpm what is the MAF reading.  ?  hot engine, only tests.

failure to attain closed loop means the ECU (EFI system) is lost.  
it has lost control of fuel mix,  one cause (of many are MAF readings are not correct or 02 Sensor #1 front #1 reads wrong)

the O2 must swing.
other causes, (vacuum leaks, leaking or weaK Injectors, misfire gross.  and exhaust manifold cracks, )

how old is that 02 front sensor.? (they have 100,000+ mile life span if using unleaded fuel)

Thanks. So it all means my ecu stops working???
How can it be?? It could be my tool is not the right one?? The car just runs?
The engine is just 097394.

the ECU CAN  fail to reach closed loop for just  1 crack near the o2 front sensor, what could be more simple? a crack .  or 02 bad
you never answered my 1 questions is O2 front new? or  original, or even the wrong one.
I have never touched this, so not sure if it is old or new or original or even wrong one?? However, it is four wires sensor at the header. But I have never seen any codes thrown relating to the O2. What is the correction to this?? Shops here seem to have no clue regarding this issue. Is it downstream or upstream??? The one at the header or after the cat??
The engine is just 097394 miles. Probably my air filter is dirty??

the front sensor is called sensor 1,  front, or upstream.   it controls fuel mixture.
the rear sensor called sensor 2, or rear or down stream or rear cat sensor has nothing to do with fuel mixture, it only does the CAT tests. all cars 96 , up , petrol or gasoline.

on all machines you can only do 3 things, do tests, guess or just ignore it.
your choice. 
my guess is that you drive it for such short distances the OBD2 monitors never fully run, to find the more advance checks failing.  like fuel trim , not right.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help confirm the data of 96 Sidekick Sport 1.8l - by fixkick - 01-13-2020, 12:47 PM