Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low RPM / Stuttering - Inconsistent
Thanks for the repy - 

I'm in California, and it has been a bit cold lately (45F evenings).

I removed the EGR valve, and I noticed that the bolts securing it in weren't very tight. In addition, the gasket completely deteriorated upon removal.
I cleaned the intake and outake parts of EGR valve using some carb cleaner. The valve snaps back well, and I re-installed with a new gasket. So I don't think it is sticking. 

The problem didn't really go away. I feel like when the car is still cold, it still dips down to low RPM when I quickly go into neutral and take my foot of the gas. But once it is warmed up, it is fine. 
I've also noticed that when I'm driving (after I've been driving for 30 minutes), that the temperature is a bit on the low side - If it is cold out (~45F), and my heater is running, sometimes the temp needle is below the halfway point on the gauge ( I would say the needle is 30-40% of the gauge, 50% being the midway point).
Is this a problem? should it not be running this cold? 
I replaced the radiator and thermostat about 6 months ago. I noticed that the new thermostat I got (from NAPA) had a different looking gasket than my old one (the old one looked more like a fitted O-ring, whereas the new one was a gasket that sat above the stat and came into contact with the stat housing). 
Maybe my thermostat is garbage? 

I will try your EGR valve test while the car is running, basically I will push in the valve and if it stalls, its all good? 

You mentioned using an OBD2 reader. I have one. However, my check engine light isn't on. Is it worth scanning the car with my OBD2 reader even though the check engine light isnt on? If so, what should I scan for? The scanner I have isn't the nicest one, its a Bosch OBD1000:
https://www.boschdiagnostics.com/diy/pro...h-obd-1000

Thanks
Sina

Messages In This Thread
Low RPM / Stuttering - Inconsistent - by sina27 - 01-10-2020, 05:31 AM
RE: Low RPM / Stuttering - Inconsistent - by sina27 - 01-18-2020, 04:20 AM