Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGR deleted?
(12-22-2019, 07:20 AM)kthnos Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 02:24 AM)fixkick Wrote: no negative at all. ?
the EGR goes off line , at WOT and at hard throttle pedal push , so  only effects cruising fast.
off line at idle.
off line at zero MPH (0 KPH)
it outputs vary by engine load, max load (not wot) is max flow EGR> and lowers temps and ends PING/detonation and exhaust valves love you, (cooler.)
it seems evil at first but only (cost of service yes ,higher, mostly clean main valve and the mono port carbon pack ups)
Limiting power would be unsafe, imagine passing a logging truck.... and power lacks,  oops. bad idea if on purpose they did that.
the engine for sure does 95HP on demand. (Sorry for imperial measurements, I like metric  too)  (even variable displacement engines have full power)

i thought EGR gasses are inert (in terms of ignition and thus, power), therefore act pretty much as 'simulating variable displacement' status.
so all in all,shall i presume that you vote on drilling out that EGR plenum hole?

that is correct it simple lower combustion temp, to a point just below NOX formation. (and not pinging too as a door prize)

I'd drill it and it becomes a problem just do the more simple Bypasses, solid gasket at pipe 50 or the vacuum hose to egr main in the rear,  blocked.
even lower octane fuel would work too.
http://www.fixkick.com