Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Identify Transaxle wiring connections
im sure engine has new spark plugs , its first thing first deal.
invert the COPs,
unbolt them and invert them with the boots up.  and put the sparks back in the boots.
the I use naked copper wire, and and warp the 2 spark plugs, threads with wire and then take the end of the wire to ground engine metal, and clamp it there.
done in pairs,  if sparks,   this act makes the 2 spark plugs ready to spark and when you crank it , the 2 pairs or plugs fire at the same time called WASTED spark.
any car with 2 cops on 4 cylinders is wasted spark car. (EFI)

but I do test fuel first, and if test fuel fails shows no life, and compression is good, off come the COPss.
not sure if you have a scan tool but that too is very important to fix and diagnose any 1996 or newer USA car.
if the engine has 4 COPS 1 per cylinder as newer cars have , then just the boots are built in and in all cases new $15 boots this OLD need to be replaced, JUST DO IT now. old boots are super hard to diagnose P0300 misfires codes .

[Image: J29tXjf.jpg]
http://www.fixkick.com
I sprayed a little starter fluid in this morning and it smoked a bit. Then I put a little more and it started then died! Looks like it's working good so far. Next step is attaching the stock Esteem gas tank and firing her up for a real test.

I'm getting excited! Will post a video if/when I get it running. Thanks for all the help.

P.s. I also got a compression tester and tested one cylinder - it was about 180, so I didn't bother testing the others yet.
(12-15-2019, 12:35 PM)Jules Wrote: I sprayed a little starter fluid in this morning and it smoked a bit. Then I put a little more and it started then died! Looks like it's working good so far. Next step is attaching the stock Esteem gas tank and firing her up for a real test.

I'm getting excited! Will post a video if/when I get it running. Thanks for all the help.

P.s. I also got a compression tester and tested one cylinder - it was about 180, so I didn't bother testing the others yet.

looks like spark is ok..
so fueling is next.
the fuel pump must run and reach correct pressure levels are next. The FPR on the fuel rail regulates this pressure level,  the pump  can do 60psi and is too much , thus the FPR device.

your close very close.
180 is good on cold engine. better warm and better holding throttle open (some) doing the test.

keep warm ! happy holidays.
http://www.fixkick.com