Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catalytic Converter, O2 Sensor & EGR Questions
(03-03-2020, 09:49 AM)Von Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 09:59 PM)fixkick Wrote: first find out if the car is CALIF or Federal  car,  hood sticker missing?, makes that hard
the old 02, has plug,  
fed is 3 wires and one blank pin of a 4 pin connector
Calif is 4 wires and 4 populated pins.   with white connector and flat pins
the fed 3 wire connector is black an was round pins.
hope you have the old sensor intact,  with connector still.  

the bosch universal hand wire sensors are good too.
15726-3F  (for sure most common sold car 48 states.) but only looking first counts.
15730-4C

last  2 digits  above  are mine 3 mean 3 wire,  F means federal  sold as low as $20 a real money saver.  sans connector stock with adapter,

The old had white connector and flat pins. It also had 4 wires. The new one was a universal that required me to splice Into the old wire with the connector side. The new had a blue (signal) white (ground) 2x black (both heater.) The old wire with the connector had the same color wires (blue, white, 2x black) the only ones that could be swapped are the black wires but have been told it doesn’t matter for those. Is there any diagram that shows on the connector end what the 4 wire are called or are for so I can confirm the proper wires were spliced to the right spots. Also I was told that the 2 black wires did not matter which one went to which. Does that matter or could they be swapped.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-03-2020, 11:27 AM)Von Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 09:59 PM)fixkick Wrote: first find out if the car is CALIF or Federal  car,  hood sticker missing?, makes that hard
the old 02, has plug,  

15726-3F  (for sure most common sold car 48 states.) but only looking first counts.
15730-4C

last  2 digits  above  are mine 3 mean 3 wire,  F means federal  sold as low as $20 a real money saver.  sans connector stock with adapter,

The old had white connector and flat pins. It also had 4 wires. The new one was a universal that required me to splice Into the old wire with the connector side. The new had a blue (signal) white (ground) 2x black (both heater.) The old wire with the connector had the same color wires (blue, white, 2x black) the only ones that could be swapped are the black wires but have been told it doesn’t matter for those. Is there any diagram that shows on the connector end what the 4 wire are called or are for so I can confirm the proper wires were spliced to the right spots. Also I was told that the 2 black wires did not matter which one went to which. Does that matter or could they be swapped.

Btw both of those part numbers pull up 3 pin black round connectors and not the 4 pin California white blade connectors.
(03-09-2020, 03:59 AM)Von Wrote:
(03-03-2020, 11:27 AM)Von Wrote:
the old 02, has plug,  

15730-4C

Btw both of those part numbers pull up 3 pin black round connectors and not the 4 pin California white blade connectors.
sure easy all that.

there are 4 wires, and 2 are ground,
and one is heater hot  12vdc  and heater ground.
and the last one CELL + (the 02 is hot battery cell) when fully hot acts like  tiny battery (aka, sensor or signal)
and CELL - (minus)grounded.
no sure what brand and model your OS universal is,  (lots of makers) all with there own colors.
the colors of some are ,  here

https://fixkick.com/sensors/O2%20sensor/...lors1.html

your 02 is blue/white/black /black or DENSO (old name Nippon-Denso.

I call your car a type 4, (gen 4)
4 wires
BLK-WHT-12v = heater one,  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>denso. black   { (heater is NOT POLARIZED) and is isolated from the CELL side)
PINK (SG)  (heater 2  super ground)>>>>>>>>>>denso black.
YEL-BLU  (cell+ signal) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>blue
GRAY-YEL (cel-  , ground)   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>white

see my type4 here. for bosch.

https://fixkick.com/sensors/OxyGen_senso...ml#unified
'

for universals we need:
it really depends on 2 things,  what you car wires colors are (all4),  (suzuki loves to change them)
and who made your new sensor, , makers name.
http://www.fixkick.com
the colors above left are suzuki connector jack harness side , as suzuki uses many brands and there is no documents on the suzuki sensor side used for 20= years.
(03-09-2020, 05:58 AM)fixkick Wrote: the colors above left are suzuki connector jack harness side , as suzuki uses many brands and there is no documents on the suzuki sensor side used for 20= years.

Solved! The O2 sensor was the issue on why it was not starting. I removed the O2 harness at the connector and it started right up. I replaced the sensor and now it runs well.
(03-26-2020, 10:03 AM)Von Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 05:58 AM)fixkick Wrote: the colors above left are suzuki connector jack harness side , as suzuki uses many brands and there is no documents on the suzuki sensor side used for 20= years.

Solved! The O2 sensor was the issue on why it was not starting. I removed the O2 harness at the connector and it started right up. I replaced the sensor and now it runs well.

yes, the early cars, before 1996 OBD2, began the 02 had to much authority.
this why these same years can burn up a good CAT , so easy, so rich.
glad you go it sorted !!!!