Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1989/90 , new free(?) ISC gasket. printed
(11-10-2019, 09:34 PM)fixkick Wrote: the ISC solenoid moves 200 times a second, most this old are worn out ,  30 years, is way way longer than the designer intended this part to last.
it is simply worn out. and now loose and noisy

yes those Nano scopes some blow up at over 5vdc input, watch out for that.
keep it away from the spark coil primary, the back EMF there is over 100v. boom. smoke lets out.

40v -peak to peak here,  use 10x1 probe and win.

https://www.seeedstudio.com/DSO-Nano-v3.html

that front end noise, moving or not or both?  (front lower ball joints, or CVJ Jack shafts, or even struts,  sure the locks can make noise, if stuck 1/2 way, they make ratchet sound, like your finger over comb, but loud and metallic)

good luck, and glad your account works.
According to the scopemeter , my valve is opening - closing around 33 times each seconds . It is finetuning regulating the dutycycle and while I move the throttle screw to maintain the 800 rpm setted in the ECU. So I'm surprised this rattle noise if I open manually the throttle as I can't see on the scope meter big signal variation ( may be I don't catch the rattle moment as I can't trigger the duty variation but only voltage transition) . My nano probe has the x10 reading and from my model manual can bear up to 80v. I made a voltage divider (x1000) and could read the plug spark too to measure time and voltage.
I'll first investigate the left front wheel for the noise , ( in movement only) from the lock as I see the external plastic hub has a crack hole than I'll pass to the ball joint moving by hand. May be a locking ring is lost on the 1000 thread driving shaft. Will tell  and post pics.
Have to be honest, suzuki is my second love. My first love is TOYOTA 4RUNNER 1996 that took me back home 2 times from sahara desert..
I love mechanics + electronics and the desert too

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1989/90 , new free(?) ISC gasket. printed - by HAPPYNEWSUZUKI - 11-09-2019, 04:00 AM
RE: 1989/90 , new free(?) ISC gasket. printed - by HAPPYNEWSUZUKI - 11-09-2019, 05:38 AM
RE: 1989/90 , new free(?) ISC gasket. printed - by HAPPYNEWSUZUKI - 11-09-2019, 06:48 AM
RE: 1989/90 , new free(?) ISC gasket. printed - by HAPPYNEWVITARA - 11-10-2019, 09:55 PM