Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radiator cap 1.1 or 0.9??
My radiator cap need to be changed and I don’t know which one I should use. The old one of the 96’ Sidekick Sport 1.8l is 1.1 and I wonder can I replace a 0.9 cap? If I replace a 0.9 cap will it be possible??
(10-18-2019, 12:15 PM)rasmeidirt Wrote: My radiator cap need to be changed and I don’t know which one I should use. The old one of the 96’ Sidekick Sport 1.8l is 1.1 and I wonder can I replace a 0.9 cap? If I replace a 0.9 cap will it be possible??

The old one breaks the rubber valve at the end. Only the 0.9 cap is available here, looks similar and fits properly.
(10-21-2019, 05:48 PM)rasmeidirt Wrote: Updating: Test drive with the 0.9 bar rad cap with no problem at all. Just be watchful with the overflow bottle to add up!!!

Update: By chance. I come across a rad repair shop and see the 1.1 cap and grab it to change it!! You know just one cap from rockauto.com is only  more than 2$ but the shipping is 45$. That is why I decide to use the 9.0 cap now I found it in the country just for 2$.
Updating: Test drive with the 0.9 bar rad cap with no problem at all. Just be watchful with the overflow bottle to add up!!!

Update: By chance. I come across a rad repair shop and see the 1.1 cap and grab it to change it!! You know just one cap from rockauto.com is only  more than 2$ but the shipping is 45$. That is why I decide to use the 9.0 cap now I found it in the country just for 2$.

The only mods made to the cooling system are:
The heater core has been bypassed, I don't need heat!
All small hoses have been changed.
When the rad upper cover gets cracked it has been replaced with a new plastic cover, the rad was flushed, so far no new crack.
The 1.1 bar rad cap is the Toyota OEM, it fits the place properly.
if it fits, and seals and holds pressure, what else do you need worry.
we can not see your car, nor all mods to it, the cooling system is not just one part, it is a system of parts that work together.
buy a cap, put it in and run it. and end the BAR worry.
The stock rad uses a very odd sized cap on the new car, from factory SUzuki, many of these car, in fact long ago , the RAD blew out, sOME nearing 3 decades old.(if not all?)
Then the owner of the car does not want to buy a $500 radiator from SUZUKI ACTUAL and buys one from the RAD cloners in CHINA>$100 .
guess what the CLONED radiator uses a radically different cap. see what I mean by I cant see your car, your cap and your RAD? I CAN"T and could never ever guess what you have.
so what you have on your car is anyones guess, but Id say get the cap from THAT RAD SELLER, last installed.
SO THE toy CAP FITS, WELL USE IT,.
http://www.fixkick.com
The acksfaq manual states that the radiator cap should hold 13psi. Does this mean if I get a radiator cap, I should get one 13psi rated (0.9 bar)? Or should I get the 16psi rated?
When searching online for the tracker cap, they are all 16psi rated.
I already purchased the 13psi cap along with the spectre cu2089 for my 96 tracker....but i can return it and get a 16psi rated cap if i need to
(11-14-2019, 06:46 AM)sina27 Wrote: The acksfaq manual states that the radiator cap should hold 13psi. Does this mean if I get a radiator cap, I should get one 13psi rated (0.9 bar)? Or should I get the 16psi rated?
When searching online for the tracker cap, they are all 16psi rated.
I already purchased the 13psi cap along with the spectre cu2089 for my 96 tracker....but i can return it and get a 16psi rated cap if i need to

Check rockauto.com for your specific car??
Music 
run what ever you like,

[Image: boil101bw.JPG]
suzuki sells the cap for $30 here, and with PN: 1792066F01  (susuki does not publish the full spec on it so.... ) I see stant sells 16psi cap.
that is an offical suzuki link above, so.... do as you want. buy them where ever you want and sub them out as you please.
I think it is 1.1bar cap, using google I see one store out of VAST listing the BAR for F01 above,  (hard to find this is) 16psi  is what others selling it state.

Suzuki makes the rules not me, no actsfaq . sorry but that is a fact.
I do not sell parts nor do I recommend brands or #,  all that changes over time,  that too is a fact. (or prices ever, or shipping times or costs EVER)!!!

truth is any part works if it fits and does not leak. any j18 cap made and fits only on SUZUKI radiators, not most clones, sold at cheap $100
the SUZ, RAD is $700 + new.  so.... what you have in your car this old I'VE NO CLUE.

we all know for a fact, many stores here can not get the engine correct and parts, for it,  mixing up 8valve/16valve and J18 parts , making parts buying super hard.
What we do is shop more carefully and know what you want before you buy, we buy known brand and p/n for makers part using the 3rd party makers eCATALOGS
online.
That is what I do , is learn to do your own research first using real Catalogs not internet silly rumors,  use real catalogs or use real suzuki parts, and win.

like maker STANT,  10242 as seen here, and spec.

but if you have China clone RAD , the stock cap may not even FIT. at all.  seen this many times.
so what I do is  take the RAD out of car to any car parts store in town, and tell them fit it a cap for me and they DO.
there is no other way if the CHINA cloner  has no clue or only speaks  ONLY Chinese. (eek) and only data sheets the same.

In truth if cap fits and does no leak it will be ok.  unless you want to worry it. (no  leak means holds pressure fully)
end cap saga.  I am ending this.
actsfaq does G16 not J18/
are YOU CONFUSED?
where do you see J18 engines here:

his search box is DEAD too. so.....

why go there, at all unless car is G16,. Or even Samurai.
J18 cars are noT g16,
ok?