Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camshaft Dry, Top End Oil Problems
Hey kick! wanted to get back to you after ALL this time. Idk how it ran so long but the headgasket was on wrong and the oil galley plugged. 2 of the cam shaft journals were and the oil galleys that used to be there were welded shut. The head was destroyed due to my carelessness. Well we took the old spare from the sidekick and had it cleaned and resurfaced. I decided to lap the valves myself and that look quite a while. Was able to achieve 180 psi on all cylinders. Now that the motor is back up and running there is a high idle. like 1000 rpm. The ISC seems to be functioning and id have to take off the throttle body to get to the IAC. I might need to replace the throttle body because the stop screw is rusted and looks like a plug in there. No way to get it out. It idled fine before the blow up but now its slightly high. All vacuum hoses were replace and the vacuum is at 22 Hg and functions as it should when revved and decelerated. should i replace the throttle body due to the screw. Iv never drilled out a hole as such and wouldnt feel safe doing so on such precision made parts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Camshaft Dry, Top End Oil Problems - by CSUSBgeochem1 - 01-31-2020, 08:48 AM