Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2.3 DOHC motor - correct operating temp
the coolant is loop,.  measuring temps in the wrong place gets you wrong temps.
the ECT does not lie, why assume that,?  the whole EFI runs of that.. (right now,I can scan 20 new cars on hot day and all 20 read 200f solid , no variance on that at all due to the rapid action of the thermostat) why say the ECT is wrong I can;t begin to guess why you said that.?

normally there is 50degr. difference in the loop. hot side cold side. (that is the radiators drop value top to bottom)
i have no idea at all your tools and gauges you use. nor your sensors  nor the way your sensor interface the loop.  not me.
my rule as a tech is never assume my measurements are correct nor assume my method are correct.
lets look here in this strange engine,
ON the G16 the ECT is just below the thermostat.  in the hot water exit point
on this J18 the ECT is on the rear of head, point, the hot side. too.
but the flow is backwards see THAT? the G16 stat expells hot coolant
the J18 sucks in cold coolant, if the pipe 22 , is clogged the J18 thermotat goes NUTS, hunting like mad,,, a very bad thing that.
The J18 ECT is the most hot  point in the loop, fitting 13 is most cold, even 50degrees less.

buy an IR GUN, point it to  the ECT casing. then at 13 casing next, do that see all you need to see. hot end and cold end.  and the 2 RAD tanks.  4 data points there, all key to what is really going one.
never seen any store bought dash gauge set. accurate, most are way off, 10 to 20 F. even more ... (in the box guage and some cheap sensor and some bad way to mount it, ) pipe mounts inline to a hose is good.
the rest leave be.
the AC will drop MPG, 1 to 2mpg. sure.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2.3 DOHC motor - correct operating temp - by fixkick - 07-22-2019, 04:22 AM