Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer case noise when in Reverse with brake on
(07-02-2019, 03:12 AM)hyrific Wrote: Hey so the noise is there and I can't seem to quiet it with fluid.  Seems best given this machine is going to end up a snow tracked machine to just buy a used one that doesn't make noise and swap it as I don't want to break down on the snow on the way to the cabin if I can avoid it.  Did they use the same transfer case in the 4dr and Manual trans?  Or do I need to find a automatic 2 dr same year range donor?

the year matters only I think, generation
96 up has different splines.
91 to 95 is best
not sure on 89/90 (will look this up later)
finding one in snow country not warn out, is hard,   ITS ONLY part time 4wd so is weak,  for sure running in 4wd , not on ICE or not MUD/dirt/gravel.
running it on pavement dry or only wet is chain goes bad fast.
the Rule on PT, is one tire must be on something loose, at least 1 tire, or damage will happen fast.
PT = part time .
good luck on quest.!!!!

ill quote my swaps.html page
Quote the forums...  Transfer case issues.
"The 89-98 tranny is mostly the same form factor, it fits but there are exceptions:
The transfer case changed in 96 with new out put spline changed. (and for sure prop shafts)
Input is the same. to XFR case.
input spline count is 23 ,BTW.
All t-case  (transfer case or xfr case)  input splines from 89 to at least 98 are the same size and count.
T-case output shaft splines are the same from 89-95 (26 spline) and from 96 to at least 98 they are 16 spline.
The output shaft size is 30mm (1.81"). on all."
\\

do not forget geo tracker same box same rules.

2 pages of hits here just on kick , more on geo
i clicked USA if not USA click your country./

http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transfer case noise when in Reverse with brake on - by fixkick - 07-02-2019, 03:33 AM