Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer case noise when in Reverse with brake on
(06-28-2019, 03:21 AM)hyrific Wrote: Ok I replaced the U joints because its not too hard and cheap.  one of them did have some play.  Problem is the T-Case still makes the rattle.  I can feel the rattle when I touch the T-Case.  The T-case now makes the rattle when I am in park and the engine is revved up at 2000 rpm.  What would be moving around in the T-Case in park?  When I am in park does the transmission spin the T-case in any way? 4WD does work.

since it makes noise in part , all you need to do use  $5 mechanics stethoscope (looks doctor like) sold as cheap as that a Harbor freight.
and listen to see if the noise inside the tranfer case, .

the chain DOES NOT have  a tension-er, so if loose, any vibration from the engine back will make it rattle (can) and can lots of things inside that are are worn and loose.
there are lots of parts inside, even the shift'er bottom parts can make noise if loose.
lots of things here can make noise, even parked,  with engine running the 4 banger makes huge vibration,  (compared to v12 engine near perfect balanced)

[Image: XFRCASEGUTS.jpg]
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transfer case noise when in Reverse with brake on - by fixkick - 06-28-2019, 04:03 AM