Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camshaft for 94 tracker TBI
I have a 94 tracker with a 8v TBI  I have a couple lobes on the cam that are wiped.  I have been looking online for a replacement without having to pay the almost $300us for the torquer that lowrange offroad offers.  I have been looking and found some on ebay that look like china knockoffs and I did read on here to stay away from those.  Rock auto offers one for a 1990 8v tbi but not for the 94.  would it work for mine or are there differences?
(06-04-2019, 09:29 AM)Kylemccarley Wrote: I have a 94 tracker with a 8v TBI  I have a couple lobes on the cam that are wiped.  I have been looking online for a replacement without having to pay the almost $300us for the torquer that lowrange offroad offers.  I have been looking and found some on ebay that look like china knockoffs and I did read on here to stay away from those.  Rock auto offers one for a 1990 8v tbi but not for the 94.  would it work for mine or are there differences?
tracker name tells me car is USA or CANADA OR MEXICO SOLD.  A NORTH AMERICAN MONIKER.
yes, parts question are for sure very hard TO FIND and compounded by your location.
parts used, are on ebay, where else, IDK.
then comes what fits.
well 8v only cams. fit so that is easy, (captain obvious retired)
so 89-95 USA< or even up to year 2000 in other countries, 8v was banned in Calif here first, the federal did that in 1996, no more 8v that year. up. EPA BS.
so what fits but there are clones sold from china now only exchanging old gear to new came , not documented , at all, don't buy one unless seller promises the docment on the gear swap.

now what fits, the 80/90 years, have many different things,  for sure Crank shaft. early /late.
i have the master parts list , so will look that up,  the heads also have side codes IIRC on the left(drivers left) side of the head just below cover.

THE HEAD P/N IS SAme all years,m 11110-61a00
the the cam is not. 91 is new cam to 95
the distributor is not the same starting with 91,  so the gear on the end is different I GUESS.
suzuki never sold this gear, on cam.

I guess the china guys know the gear is different so sell the cam lacking said gear.
the gear is pressed on with huge pressure im told, not done one ever me.

89/90 cam is 12710-60a00  91 + is dash 56B00
so the correct cam for yours is 56B00 for sure,

SUZUKI SELLS IT NEW FOR $430
https://www.suzukicarparts.com/parts/ind...2710-56B00

MY WEB PAGE IS NOW NEW (Done by other now) and i get lost there, LOL, fun to get lost and me be noob on my old pages.. hahahahahah

best finding used parts is ebay.
or all of craigslist.

wreckers, or find a used head, even better is a used head.  with cam good.

http://www.car-part.com/

learn that many wreckers or sells do not want to separate key parts, like  good core head, ever, they rebuild them, from cores to good.
this make it very hard to just find a used single cam.

i'd just buy refurb head and move on, but that is me. sorry
http://www.fixkick.com
I ended up finding another geo the same year with a 8v motor. body and frame was gone but the motor was in good shape. only set me back $170 lol. Going to change the head over to mine and then get a rebuild kit for the bottom end and have it waiting in case something happens to mine. Thanks for the info. I couldnt bring myself to drop almost 500 for a cam on a geo i only paid 400 bucks for.