Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ECU doesn't match chassis
the ECU has many modes, not just 1, back up mode is like limphome insane mode, it knows the ECU is bad so goes to backup mode, (like a lawnmower with no spark advance)
OK 80 MEANS ONLY CAR HAS FULL POWER,
since the cat is missing then that smell issue is not possible to know what that means, rich fuel or NOX or both, for sure NOX , nox burns eyes and nose, rich fuel is black /gray exhaust is is only nasty smelling not NOX PAIN MAX> burning eyes, nitros oxide is nasty stuff.
if the MPG in the car is good the engine is running good but doing MPG correctly is not easy on any HACKED car. but using GPS (tomtom) or GPU tools for distance traveled cures that.
let me do limp again.
the car you key on, CEL glows, if not the lamp is bad or the ECU is in backup mode. take your pick buy a lamp or live with backup mode and high fuel bills.
then you start the engine, above must work, and the CEL lamp goes out , when it goes out that means its not in limpome mode : BTW this is all covered in my CEL page. read that?
the B60 ECU is not really wrong, its just for AT car. it will burn fuel perfectly , it will. the MT will cost you $400 to learn that. 56B30?
you just said injectors that is wrong this car ONLY 1 injector, TBI is 1 . not 4.

t 9-10 gallons in every 125 miles or so (OMG BAD that) horrid bad,.
why not buy a GE #18 bulb and put it in the CEL lamp socket and end all the drama????? you have no scan tools for this relic (non sold) so only that lamp is your salvation OK?>??????
why in the world run any pre 1996 car with a dead CEL lamp, I am so amazed this? why do that/?

yes the ecu for 4doors may have better tuning for way heavy cars
again my web page has your correct ECU pages. here.

look here. 1992 MT 2door, 4wd fed.
as you can see the correct ECU ends in Dash, 56B30, the B60s is 1994/95 only.
the 95 runs unique EGR parts.

http://www.fixkick.com/ECU/EPC-ECU96-98/...9-95NA.pdf

buy the lamp #18 put it in and get the Flash codes.

posted yesterday for 91 kick.
1: in limphome mode ECU, CEL flash codes not 12 flashes. (or if CEL lamp dead, horrible BACKUP MODE and 10 MPG even less) 15mpg is limphome , 28 i s normal at 60mph steady.
2: fuel pressure out of spec, not is not wrong, 34-41 psi. is spec., and only changes by ALTITUDE.
3: injector leaking or hacked wires to it to gawd knows what.
4 :any of 2 injector 0-rings leaking on actual injector in TB. ( can be seen with eye on on it ask?)
5: O2 bad, or exhaust cracks near it cause it to go NUTS (sets o2 max lean 0volts and ECU goes MAX rich)
6: if the Distributor bad , MPG will be low.
7: Map bad or hose to it clogged or cracked. map never fail only vacuum to it fails for all the reasons, even the nipple source vaccum clogged or susuki silly filters on this hose clogged up.
8: spark timed wrong, or spark bad , coil bad, wires HV bad , spark plugs bad. cap rotor bad.
9: vacuum leaks are no it, well except to MR, MAP. sensor and its hoses. the hoses to the MAP must be perfect, no clogs ,cracks end to end.
10: cam belt slipped. or was timed wrong last service 60k point.
11: CAT melted, if car has full power this is not it. (you have no cat , ouch)
anything else would be super obvious air filter packed in crap or critter nets from end to end, air intake.
12 :compression very low. 150 par wide open throttle.
13: ECT bad, reads 10,000 ohms hot engine, not 300 and will burn a tone of fuel ever time. I call this stuck in ALASKA mode.

this list makes NO assumptions, it's regardless of any tests done already or parts replaced. (ok, a list is good to have, and work from , in total)
the list gets longer with A/T slush pump transmissions, for sure.

I do not know what parts on your car are missing for sure hoses, and for sure connected WRONG.
with the CAT missing the EGR is useless, for a fact, so ID defeat the EGR by pulling the EGR main nipple, vacuum hose and plugging up the hose with Golf TEE. so it can not suck air.
the 95 ECU will not like anything about 92 EGR parts nor missing CAT, the 95s some do odd things, with EGR dead, in USA< (in canada it is all different) but the EGR in the CALIF car will also not like EGR bad.

one of the reasons it does this is to end NOX>
if EGR is dead, The more modern EGR car (94 up) may go to limphome, due to 1 fact, that fact is, that rich AFR hides the NOX,
hiding the nox saves peoples lives and lungs.
nox rips lungs up, and causes horror smog and is the worst of all
when it does that it goes rich and combustion temps drop vastly and NOX ends. this is common starting in 1995 and up.
the raw fuels is burned up by our SUN and does not make NOX doing so and thus saving man kind. SEE?

why did I say that well the 95 ECU can do tricks that 1991 B30s never do.... ok?
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
ECU doesn't match chassis - by JLP - 04-21-2019, 05:02 AM
RE: ECU doesn't match chassis - by fixkick - 04-21-2019, 05:53 AM
RE: ECU doesn't match chassis - by fixkick - 04-21-2019, 06:21 AM
RE: ECU doesn't match chassis - by fixkick - 04-21-2019, 06:37 AM
RE: ECU doesn't match chassis - by JLP - 04-21-2019, 07:32 AM
RE: ECU doesn't match chassis - by fixkick - 04-22-2019, 02:00 AM
RE: ECU doesn't match chassis - by fixkick - 04-22-2019, 02:02 AM
RE: ECU doesn't match chassis - by fixkick - 04-22-2019, 02:09 AM
RE: ECU doesn't match chassis - by fixkick - 04-22-2019, 02:10 AM
RE: ECU doesn't match chassis - by fixkick - 04-22-2019, 02:16 AM