Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geo Tracker will crank over but won't start
94 8v tracker , 2dr, 3sp. federal. (cat or not cat, that is the question)
sure clean that out. rod it out, use coat hangers, what ever, I use a 1/8 steel rope, in a drill chuck, roto-rooter style....

egr gas 3 fail technologies, exh is 1 of 3.
electric and vacuum are the other 2.
if the car has no CAT, all this is a waste, as the cat back pressure sets EGR flow rates, (a goofy way they used then for engine load, cured in 1999)
if no cat and you EGR uses a thermo probe, you can replace it with 10k ohm resistor and the test passes for ever.
The GEO and SUZ can very in 1 year.
The 94 may not have the Thermo-sensor, and may have the vacuum method that can never be fooled. I call the thermal probe the calif way. and vacuum federal.
I can say a real suzuki fed car 8v ,94, has no thermo probe. (95 has it)
iF the GM is like that, then you must fix it. or ignore it...
the way: if must. (in the correct order )

1: working cat, no not really working just not gutted out or missing. (not rodded out either) ing.
2:EGR mod, usually never fails but needs to be vacuum routed correctly. (hood sticker)'

3: the vacuum source to the MOD valve via EGR VSV, not blocked, and VSV to that not bad. or wires to VSV not bad.

4: good EGR main. it snaps shut fast, after you finger it open, and the diaphragm is not bad or ruptured.
5: then the intake EGR ports must be free
6: and last the HEAD egr pass thru hole, not packed, at rear of head to #4 exhaust port. directly to the rear of #4 exh port. is this pass thru.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geo Tracker will crank over but won't start - by fixkick - 09-30-2013, 04:41 AM