Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem to start when the engine is hot
hello (hola) and greetings ! Buenas noches, cómo estás. (my wife is spanish)
good , job, you did fail the ISC air hose pinch test,. hard failure (forget smog tests, they dont care if rpm is too high, or wasted fuel, just smog)
the plenum is that air chambers below the TB, and intake tunnels, that space that is at 20 inches vacuum at idle in total
if any parts of that leak (vacuum ) the engine races, and the ISC tries to correct that but fails, that includes throttle cable too tight,

the induction has a leak. (plenum)
you now blocked the 4 normal paths and it runs, this is impossible so, that proves leaks. (TV+bleed + IAC + ISC) the TV is closed, the iac is closed (its new) and the ISC is blocked and you screwing in the bleed CW, in, and there is no air to run the engine.
one poor guy here had this and , covered the TB top air horn his hand palm and it ran, oops. big leak there.
i think your leak is small.
not huge, as rpm can hit 3000 easy with any larger leak.
finding it can be hard,
using propane gas , no
flame , played around places that can leak, RPM changes , while doing so is SUSPICION.

no to look in gallery.

ok looked at all gallery photos.
all looks good , your exhaust manifold is different than ours, but is of no importance.

oops missed this point(yes tomorrows test)
see this
"So, when that hose is pinch I set the bleed screw 100 % closed gently, then I'll see what is the r.p.m. or what happen then, but I think that if ISC air hose is pinched and bleed idle screw is closed, so the engine switched off, or not ? "

yes, if you have the hose pinched (ISC air) and you screw the bleed in to seat its cone seat, all air ends. now. there is no air on a new engine like this.
now.
it must stall. there is no air now. zero air. hot engine test only. stall it must,...
the ECU will try to fight you (servo actions) but can because the ISC is pinch blocked, dead.
now only you control air , with bleed during this test (duty bleed screws air supply, on air horn of TB)

it might stall now and if it does?, that means the duty cycle was never set right. after new TB. by your mechanic.
but if it runs or tries to run, you have leaks there.

i think the design of the bleed, is such that it only has 1/2 the flow of the ISC ."potential"
such that, if you have a (illegal) leak , that is say 1/2 the iSC flow, max , then closing the bleed cures the effect. (cause the ISC to regulate at 50%)
in a new car there are no leaks.
and also must work at high altitude, where the ISC opens more... the higher you go, due to the thin air there.

cheers !
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem to start when the engine is hot - by fixkick - 11-08-2015, 12:00 PM