Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to Know About Bypassing the Fuel Pump Relay to a Manual Toggle Switch
Question 
89 Manual Kick, 4x4, JX 1.6 ltr 8 valve USA

My Fuel Relay has gone bad; I believe. First, Jr (the name of my kick) revved up and down during cold start till warmed up, then started losing power uphill, then ran at start up intermittently, (would start, then stall, and then not start for a few tries) and now will not start at all. This has been going on till now; not starting at all, over the past few months.

I did the listen test; turned ignition on, then went to listen at the open gas cap. No sound coming from pump at all.

I cannot afford a new relay right now, and Jr is my only ride, so must try to rewire the pump; bypassing the relay, to a cheap manual toggle switch. Can I do this? And if so, which wires would I need to attach to a toggle switch?

Reason I ask, is because most vehicles use the auto toggle switch within the relay only two times each use: turning the pump on at ignition start up, then turning it off at ignition shut down.

Is this the same with my Kick?

Messages In This Thread
Need to Know About Bypassing the Fuel Pump Relay to a Manual Toggle Switch - by YemayasMoon - 05-06-2013, 06:12 AM
HOW TO WIRE A FRANKEN-KICKTOR. - by fixkick - 05-06-2013, 10:54 AM
FRANKEN-KICKTOR - by fixkick - 05-07-2013, 01:07 AM
Franken_KickTOR, fueling ,etc. - by fixkick - 05-12-2013, 03:11 AM
the Franken-KickTOR ! - by fixkick - 05-12-2013, 10:47 PM
RE: the Franken-KickTOR ! - by YemayasMoon - 05-13-2013, 02:54 AM