Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'89 SIdekick - Intermittent "Low Power" and Lots of Smoke - please help?
(12-08-2019, 02:39 AM)salshoes Wrote:  So i'm about to do my compression test, but am not sure which fuse or relay is for the fuel pump, which I need to pull to do the test, right? The under-dash fuse box on my Kick has no cover, and i'm struggling to find the info online. DOes anyone have the fuse box layout for an '89 Sidekick 1.3l engine? Not the one in the engine bay, but under the dash on the drivers side. thanks!

this car, 1.3l books, omg yes,. now books. newly planted... lucky you. get it and keep it.
ah but  sticky post #1 for books has  link to your car, sees 1300cc 1989 supplement.
the 1.3 is carb fueled engine, no TBI here, no fuel pump controls no FPR no fuel pump relay, nor ECU controls to any pump?
there is an ECM that modulates the CARB , in a very crude way. via ID11 page 11, mixture solenoid.

https://geo.pink/?fbclid=IwAR2k4wtqVBZt7...W_iTQmf8Q8

wow the first link is 1300cc sidekick supplement gee what can be better?  IDK, let me look now. wow nice book there, never better. real too;

page 105 shows it all. carb back.
there is no electric pump on this car,  none in tank either.
the pump is old skool  pure mechanical pump seen as ID #4, page 105.. and page 48 see pump facing head, rear left corner of head. (passenger side rear of head)
the filter is external and front of tank.
the pump is on the engine. page 107 shows removing it off the engine, cam driven I think.

Just defeat spark, pull the ignition coil center spark wire out of coil, or pull IG coil fuse.best.

compression test. page 45 is the compression test.
there is no way to stop fuel the carb float fuel bowl is full of fuel;.  but warm engine, reduces the flow. wow 199 PSI possible at sea level, same page
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: '89 SIdekick - Intermittent "Low Power" and Lots of Smoke - please help? - by fixkick - 12-08-2019, 07:08 AM