Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2.3 DOHC motor - correct operating temp
[quote pid='11886' dateline='1563898587']

I have been in touch with Matt Verley on this, this was the inspiration for the swap.    He suggested using the two 10" fans. The only difference that I can tell is his is 5sp mine is Auto. 

Parts listings for thermostats (that I could find) list same for J18 and J23

I have shared photos of the tests you requested.

[/quote]

well the torque pro is  lair? or the IRGUN is way off, never seen any IR gun that far off, but  stat housing can read 10 less that water inside, if car parked hot.
stat housing 152 (+20 is 172)
exit head, ect housing 123 ,super cold, very surprising why this very very hot point (the most hot of all  is cold)  not only that but 240-170 is 70 degrees off. why? IDK
bypass tube 171 (seems perfect to me 171+20 =190f so is hot feed back working,,,,,,

why not barrow scan tool and see with it reads on ECT, any tool that scans., can. such and easy test, but risky if 240 is real driving to a shop.

the IR gun can read 20 degrees less on metal hot water pipes etc, do to heat sinking effects.
one why to learn this is go 2nd car, good, use IR gun on stat house and the other endpoint from RAD large hose. (both endpoints of 2 large hoses are the metal points to check)

I found on very hot engine, you then park a car, let the car idle for 10 full minutes the IR gun reads way better, my guess it lack of air flows allow parts to stabilized parked.
thermally they stabilize.
 one other way to test IR gun, is  in an oven and use std oven thermometer and set oven to 250F? and with cook sheets inside ,open door fast shoot it with IR gun see 250.
some IR guns do not read right, seen it, others are amazing, to say the least.
but all have an offset value. (from inside the housing to the outside, not same temp,    180 >>to 170 f is common (inside to outside, metal housing, plastic, no good.
OMG is your pump thermostat housing plastic?

that ECT for you 2007/ j23 engine, suzuki has many ECT and they are not the same, wrong one will read wrong.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2.3 DOHC motor - correct operating temp - by fixkick - 07-25-2019, 01:29 AM