Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidekick 89 TBI swaped?
First of all, Congratulations for this great and helpful site! I just found it and I can't stop reading...

Second...my apologies if this thread is treated on another post, if that's the case please erase this post and I will keep searching...

I just bought a '89 Sidekick Manual, A/C, 4x4, 8V... in pretty bad shape, but trying to get back to best possible conditions.

The engine runs good once is warmed around 800 rpm (after 1 min o so) but I have to keep my foot on gas pedal for that time, otherwise it tries to die. 
I can't turn on the AC anytime because the rpm drop down to almost die. No rev up with headlights are turned on neither. 

I assumed I had problems with iddle throttle opener valve...but I realized it doesn't have one... no ISC, EGR not connected at all, No EGR Mod and no VSV valves, IAC (I think is the IAC) broke, one tube are cancelled,  it is a totally mess... 

I realized it didn't have VSV valves and I said, ok, I got the vsv valves but once I analized, there is no way to connect them since No EGR Mod, or Iddle Advancer...

After some research got more confussion, since IMHO the TBI is not the right one for this model, I found one at a Junk Yard (which is different to actual mine, but it looks more like I have seen in images) but Im not comfortable thinking on maybe the intake manifold is not the correct one neither..

The Tag next to the battery shows nothing, it appears it is erased by time, the diagram under hood show the vaccum diagram for California. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers from Cabo

PS. Images of my actual TBI are attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Sidekick 89 TBI swaped? - by CaboSidekick - 06-13-2019, 05:07 AM
RE: Sidekick 89 TBI swaped? - by fixkick - 06-13-2019, 10:23 PM
RE: Sidekick 89 TBI swaped? - by fixkick - 06-13-2019, 10:42 PM
RE: Sidekick 89 TBI swaped? - by fixkick - 06-14-2019, 08:46 AM
RE: Sidekick 89 TBI swaped? - by CaboSidekick - 06-14-2019, 09:06 AM
RE: Sidekick 89 TBI swaped? - by fixkick - 06-14-2019, 09:16 AM