Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geo Tracker will crank over but won't start
Hey guys,

First off, I would like to thank the owner/maintaine of fixkick.com for the valuable information on this website. I have had 3 kicks/trackers so far and it has been invaluable in the upkeep for these vehicles. With that being said, I have seemingly come to a stop.

I bought a tracker with problems from a guy last week. The tracker will crank over, but not start. Here are some observations I have made:

*Has spark, but very weak
*ECM does not show CEL. Have measured CEL with multimeter to be good, have also measured voltage output at ECU and no voltage out for CEL. Have replaced ECU with same part number tested good, no change
*Gas gauge works and fuel pump primes on key turn
*Vehicle has fuel is fuel is coming to the throttle body (turned key while return line unplugged and fuel came out)

With these things being said, I was wondering if anyone could point me i the right direction? I am thinking maybe the ECU is not getting power, but it's a 1994 2 door automatic, and the site says spark is controlled by the ECU. Any suggestions?

Messages In This Thread
Geo Tracker will crank over but won't start - by brandonb - 09-19-2013, 11:01 PM