Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suzuki Swift T3 conversion - engine no start
(07-12-2016, 08:57 PM)fixkick Wrote: im sure its just a photo setup error but why is the suppressor unplugged?.. this is never a good idea...
The photo of the noise suppressor unplugged was also to verify that on my identical but running T3 car, unplugged noise suppressor does NOT prevent the engine from starting and running normally. Disabling the noise suppressor for now will help reduce the number of possible causes of the no start condition on my friend's car.

it has to be present, or the coil primary, may not oscillate properly.
the problem with suz, schematics, some are not totally accurate
on most of these cars, there is capacitor (condenser) on the coil minus terminal to ground. (it resonates "ring like bell" electonically )

this causes the primary to ring, and make full high voltages as a resort, (as seen on old points cars, if missing this Condensor, spark will be there, but weak)
the problem with SUZ is they hide its location, (ignitor, suppressor, or just cap on the fire wall and then to coil minus. 0.1uF is typical)
it must be there, is the bottom line, some where.

In addition to the noise suppressor, the T3 cars have a separate condenser wrapped into the harness connected to the coil + terminal to ground.

in all tests the spark HV terminal fails the spark plug wire at the coil test? .028" gap or more narrow for turbo, not sure on turbo spec here.0
turbo cars run tighter gaps, or special more powerful spark setups.
do all test with the diag jumper in place, this jumper is harmless , and must be left there until engine runs good.
Yes, a spare diagnostic fuse was inserted into the diagnostic connector in the interior fuse box, and it was in place during all tests (same as jumping diagnostic pins in the Diagnostic plug located in engine compartment)

you have now substituted all part parts but ECU and wires., right?
yes, all parts from the non running car, including 2 ECUs, were tested on my running car, one at a time. Each tested part resulted in engine starting normally on my running car.. The non running car's wiring harness wires between coil, igniter, ECU were checked for continuity and voltage if applicable. Spark plug wires were not checked but they were fairly new

hope this helps, and the ignitor needs a 100% perfect ground, or spark dies.
Yes, clean igniter grounds were verified.

coil minus to ground, fire is dwell time, this is coil charge up time, the it fires and you can see it RING.
[Image: coil-prim2w.jpg]

vert , 10v/div
horz, 5mS/div

thanks for this. I wish we had a scope instead of just a multi-meter to see what the signal wires are doing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suzuki Swift T3 conversion - engine no start - by t3tom - 07-13-2016, 07:00 AM