Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suzuki Swift T3 conversion - engine no start
Hi, I know this post is not about a Sidekick, but I found this site very helpful in explaining EFI and fuel systems.

I am helping a friend with his 1992 Suzuki Swift GA, which had been converted to use a 1991 Sprint Turbo engine. It has not been running for some time.

Actions to date:
(1) Fuel pump and fuel filter new/replaced. 35+ psi at fuel rail during ignition start on - 3 second test.
(2) Battery voltage good 12.8V no load, 11V during cranking.
(3) Fuel injectors tested for fuel delivery/spray off car test.
(4) Car's ECU was tested on another running Sprint Turbo 3 car. Passed run test.
(5) Spark test at plug. Initial test showed spark present at plugs. Recent retest shows no spark.
(6) Noid test: Noid light flashes only once during each cranking cycle test. What condition would cause this?
(7) Ground connections checked
(8) Harness wiring has been checked. In particular, FI signal wires and igniter wires to ECU appear correct.
(9) Would like to swap (external) firewall mounted igniter and ignition coil from a G16A 16V Swift sedan, in order to rule out these components contributing to the no start condition. Would these G16 parts be compatible with the igniter and coil used on the Sprint Turbo G10T? The physical appearance of these parts are similar but they have different part numbers.

Could you offer suggestions/advice?.

Messages In This Thread
Suzuki Swift T3 conversion - engine no start - by t3tom - 07-03-2016, 01:25 PM