Car Repair Forum
x-90 P0335 code - Printable Version

+- Car Repair Forum (https://fixkick.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Suzuki (https://fixkick.com/forum/forum-suzuki)
+--- Forum: Sidekick/Tracker (https://fixkick.com/forum/forum-sidekick-tracker)
+--- Thread: x-90 P0335 code (/thread-x-90-p0335-code)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: x-90 P0335 code - fixkick - 05-29-2019

what is the time base set to ? horz, , I want to know the PRT, pulse repetition time. CKP.
due to the blooming of the trace (camera) I can not see if the blooming in a high frequency component there, as in NOISE.
if the blooming is real then set the input to AC mode and shorten the (higher freq) the horz. knob. dial faster sweep speed, see if there is some noise there.

also race the engine rpm so i can see the PRT go shorter.(time) and see if the 4v-p--p rises.

RE: x-90 P0335 code - CSUSBgeochem1 - 05-29-2019

I have gotten on a lot of what you suggested ahead of time. I figured if i ran new cable it would clean up the signal and nothing is left but i think i figured out the problem either way. There is a mad shimmy at the crank im surprised i didnt see and i need to make sure the cog is still tight.

if so then the crank has some shimmy internally and the short block is compromised. I will submit all pictures and info in further posts.

The horizontal was set to 2ms/div to display the one FULL waveform zoomed in. That was the setting showing the wiggle on the signal in the previous video.

I ran new shielded wire from the CKP to the computer and its signal is even better than in the video posted. 18 gauge foil shielded WITH a ground wire.

At the CKP i left all the wire on the plug and added alumifoil tape to shield it. I extended the ground wire on the purchased cable and wrapped some wire around the rest of the wire after the alumifoil tape. Its hard to describe and i forgot to get pictures. but the final picture shows how thick the line is now to the sensor. Alumifoil tape doesnt bend very easy.

The signal was great at the computer after all this work but the code was still triggered. This is why im leaning on the crank vibration more than the computer. I need to figure out why there is a harmonic vibration going on.

I will post the video of me obtaining the signal after all the work as well as reving the motor to show the outcome on the oscilloscope.

please feel free to use any info, video and pictures on your website. i release liability and copyright to you as you are the key source for this information.

The wire i acquired was from home depot and was for security cameras. it was foil shielded with a ground wire that i grounded at just one end. 

At the plug i left a good portion of the wire that came with the new plug attached and used aluminium tape to wind up the two wires. 

i left the ground wire outside that aluminum tape and extended it with a small piece of copper wire all the way to the end of the plug. 

i wound it around the aluminum taped core.  I then used electrical tape to seal it all up.  You can see from the picture it made the line wide but in the end it worked great.

I took a second video that i uploaded of everything up until now. After this i noticed the shimmy of the harmonic balancer pulley and need to check to make sure all bolts down there are still tight. If that is the case i can replace the harmonic balancer before buying a new short block. The crank just might have vibration being produced somehow that i missed with this vehicle.

https://youtu.be/62f3w7IUM6w

RE: x-90 P0335 code - CSUSBgeochem1 - 05-30-2019

Well i dont know how i did not notice the pulley earlier but the rubber  between the two portions is crusted and allowing the center portion to work its way out. glad i caught this as soon as i did but im figuring this wobble is why the code was continually being thrown.  I have purchased a new one and we wait to see if this fixes the problem.  

RE: x-90 P0335 code - fixkick - 05-31-2019

(05-30-2019, 04:07 AM)CSUSBgeochem1 Wrote: Well i dont know how i did not notice the pulley earlier but the rubber  between the two portions is crusted and allowing the center portion to work its way out. glad i caught this as soon as i did but im figuring this wobble is why the code was continually being thrown.  I have purchased a new one and we wait to see if this fixes the problem.  

the front crank pulley has rubber , damper inside that likes to go bad, if fan belts set to tight, making spark timing impossible set. the thing can slip inside the rubber part.
glad you are on track, cheers !

RE: x-90 P0335 code - fixkick - 05-31-2019

what you do is ,mark the key center ,center of hub, for TDC and then project that out to the spark mark that is TDC. if they align all is good.
one way to do this is what T-square with Y adaptor, and it then finds center from outside inward

use the thing on the right seen here.

https://static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/26Y944_AS01

RE: x-90 P0335 code - CSUSBgeochem1 - 06-04-2019

Well it looks like the harmonic balancer wasnt the issue. I purchased a new one from Low Range Offroad because they were reasonably priced. Seems like it reduced the vibration slightly but there still is a slight vibration, and i checked the motor on my sidekick and i dont see anything similar. Makes me wonder if the crank snout is bent in some way. But i doubt this little vibration is whats throwing the code.

The signal is getting to the computer through the newly ran wire and the signal is clean. The only thing left is the computer but im afraid to touch it. Its going to be hard to find a 2wd manual computer for this x-90. Ill check to see if any of the caps have swelled. but still have the code