Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idle high after cleaning throttle body and lashing valves...
the moving test takes 2 or 3 (2 man , the second man turns the rear tire by hand, yes, this can be seen for free in the 1996 FSM)

see that here.
is not the JOKE , truth is more odd than fiction, ??? in this case, truth is very very odd.
read this.
chapter C6
page 1 , one see the word STOPPED. in bullet #3

then we must change chapters to find the P400 failure (51s on 94' late and up)
http://www.acksfaq.com/96-FSM-v2-6E3-A-part3-pdf.htm
pdf page 39
doing the live test. starts. here.
see chart , this is GMs lame attempt at translating real SUZUKI FSM.
see page 40 step 2.3, and the causal, its in NEUTRAL, and tire spins?. that is YOU turning that tire. what a joke that page is.... but is accurate.

my car failed step 9, (and lots of others but....)

the suzuki books is way better on this topic the GM logic charts are full of errors

the EGR vsv has 12v on one side all the time key on, this is power, side, if lost 12v here, EGR is on all the time, off idle. (blown fuse)
the ECU grounds (a simple transistor) the VSV other coil side, at key on, this closed the VSV, until the ECU decides to open it,

do not read the 96 book on EGR, only those 2 lines., stopped, and tire turning apply to your older car. (all in the software)

keep in mind you can test the whole EGR system, (not ECU parts)
with the EGR VSV connector removed.
this cause it to be more like say a 1993 car.
in that the car does not need to move. to get EGR action,only the throttle.
Ill add that to my 94+ page.. thanks, for making me think of that.

yes, i think the ECU does the 51 test only on the highway, under load. 94+
the moving rule is just for that. under load the EGR is most accurate, with CAT back pressure , controlling the Flow. in the EGR, via the Bark tube.

under load the NOX polluton is very bad. (combustion temps are max under full load).
the EGR does not reduce NOX to zero or even close.
the CAT eats up the remaining NOX, they work as a team.

my wild guess at the moving rule.
is that the EGR, may cause misfiring, when racing the engine in neutral, so they decided to end that in 1994.
that is my best guess.

It seems moving even 0.1 mph is moving, so turning the tire by hand works.
if the VSS clicks at any speed, your are moving and ECU is happy.
see?

on newer cars its more complex, some tests are SUSPENDED if other tests are bad.
on my 1996, the front OXY sensor was dead.
so the ECU suspended all CAT tests.
smarter than the average bear.....

keep in mind the EGR test might end, if ECU is in limhome mode.
this fools many a mech, they get engine running really well and bam DTCs , they wakeup, funny how that happens.

like a man coming out of a coma, he goes, gee my tooth hurts. (abscessed and swollen)
same deal.
for same reasons.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Idle high after cleaning throttle body and lashing valves... - by fixkick - 08-18-2014, 09:41 PM