Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CEL on and no code
yes, canada cars, have 4 flavor, back when, (changed in 1998)
1: real Canada cars, real USA, cars, and gray market. only that hood sticker shows what the truth is, of what it really easy (market wise, and what parts fit car) NO REAL CANADA CAR ever has a nAG switch ,its only cars subject to USA EPA LAWS< period. the sticker tells what you have, read it, it wont lie.

34 DTC, is a dead maf. totally dead. (or as always, bad wire to it,)
this puts the ECU in to limphome, mode every time 34s happen (rich as pig (guessing air ) retarded timing, limited RPM and no idle controls)

when you key on the ECU runs simple self checks, and the glows the CEL this means , (Im alive)
then with the jumper in place the ECu then flashes code 12s this means all tests passed, including the MAF. is ok.
code 12 means a sensors are not shorted, nor open, it passes the boot up catastrophic checks.
yours dont. if the lamp dont pass 12s that means the ECU is bad.
#1 reason the caps are bad. all ECU fail for this 1 time up to end of 1995
#1a, same but the acid that leaked from the CAPS did horrible damage to ECU main board.
for get the maf for now. never trust any ECU that is MALFing, its not tell in the truth. so , do not replace parts (sensors) until the ECU starts working.
pulling the MAF only invites, instant flooding, its not really a valid test. (yes, the MAF mimic uses the TPS angles, RPM to guess air flow, it really bad, it only for emergancy use)
Limphome is for emergancy usage, only, see. its not a driving mode, its for getting out of trouble at wits end. thing, say stuck in snon, life or death issues.

Normal ECU operations is indicated by code 12s on demand.
Limphome is with codes 13 and higher flashing.
backup mode, is the ECU is dead, that is right the ECU can inject, in this mode, its gross crude, extreme limphome suzuki calls it BACKUP. the CEL will be dead in some way is the only obvious sign besides flooding.
all that is here
http://www.fixkick.com/ECU/LimpHome/failsafe.html

all that matters is the ECU is sick, nothing else. one can not get intelligent calculations from any computer that is sick, no can do. it DEAD.
in fact this is at the top of the list off all suzuki FSM, diagnostic tables. is the CEL glowing key on, (no fix that) yes, , and is it flashing 12, No, fix that first. do not proceed.

all cars 1987 to now. all OBD cars. made on earth. up to 1996 , you must use a scan tool to see the codes. starting in 1996, no codes, is good. no more 12s starting in 1996 ,usa, and 1998 Canada cars .

this is easy problem ecu is bad.

http://www.fixkick.com/ECU/ECU.html
replace cap C103 first. and look for damage (Acid spill) below it.
[Image: ECU-16v-92w.JPG]

black and white.

it is strange, the ECU must always flash codes ON DEMAND
IT must or the ECU ,is BAD,
1: key on,
2: CEL glows, (if not bulb bad, or ECU bad, or fuse blown to ECU , 3 fuses, it has, IGcoil, FI and dome, first 2 are critical fuses.
3: insert diagnostic jumper (remove nag switch first in USA FED cars)
4: the CEL must flash, if not?, the ECU is TOAST (or the Diag DLC wires are cut,,, but id bet not)
end story.

we have 1000s of post for this, in forums. it not something new, all 89/ to 1995 do this, 1 time, once fixed right per my page, it never happens again, or for 20 more years, easy.

i sure wish i knew what was on that hood sticker, sure do. (US EPA, it says ,or Canada?)
this is the first thing i do, on call cars, see what i have, then look at engine, still stock, then wiring, hacked?
non of this i can do here, im blind.

here is a canada engine bay set of tags. note the extreme difference to USA cars.
totally unique, as one would expect from totally sovereign nation.

http://www.fixkick.com/specs/Body-TAGS/i...NADA98.jpg

see that oak leaf
see those words, applicable CANADA federal, motor veh, safety, bla bla, (bingo , canada real car, and parts.) and its OWN ECU.

add your hood sticker to our gallery, would love to have it, nobody but one now, has.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
CEL on and no code - by Nordic92 - 09-04-2014, 04:29 AM
RE: CEL on and no code - by fixkick - 09-04-2014, 06:19 AM
RE: CEL on and no code - by Nordic92 - 09-04-2014, 12:08 PM
RE: CEL on and no code - by fixkick - 09-04-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: CEL on and no code - by Nordic92 - 09-05-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: CEL on and no code - by Nordic92 - 09-13-2014, 09:57 PM
RE: CEL on and no code - by fixkick - 09-14-2014, 12:42 AM