Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Idle when hot - low power on up hill
no,
the computer only sees a MAF at 0v or stuck at 5v or 12v. (it runs on 12v and can do that, if worse case blow out)
the computer has no way to say gee air is flowing 10g/s why is maf a 5. (not possible)
no why ever.
the computer (PCM/ECM) trusts it 100% it can only see dead sensors, 100% completely dead.
the $25 , $1200 maf
the price alone tells you what you get, junk.

that is the makers catalog, no makers show prices,
why because they sell only wholesale to large buyers, in 1000s. and is Negotiable. (volume/price breaks)
type cardone, p/n in google see 1000s of stores selling them retail.
yours is 58B00, (hot wire)
the catalog lists them all.
how ever they do, custom requests. say you ECU is toast and no spares on self, so they do yours. on 1 by 1 with you.

EGR that was an Electric EGR
we dont get those until 1999. here. (or on j18/J20 engine here.
yours is unplugged, if its stuck open engine stalls. its a stepper motor driven EGR, just 1 part and magic to run it (software) so you do have EGR, no surprise this.

yes, no egr hose on top made me say that. sorry. I'm lazy and did not read every E56 page, i should yes... and will soon. fixing leaks here... rain.

my MAF page shows me testing it with a vacuum cleaner run backwards, a huge 15amp shop vac....
best i can do on a bench.
No obd2, (i have lots of tricks for it)
on car 4speed , i can only get , max maf readings in drive , brakes on.

with shop vac, get 3.0V out of maf. 20g/sec
in drive
parked brakes set hard, do the standard tranny stall test, wot, i get 3v, 20g/s

here is the suzuki spec, curve it. that i die in excel.
to get 4volts, you need the 1600cc engine sucking max air, there is no other way and up a hill to.. 55g/sec

i think this page I made is not anywhere else, for sure Hitachi does not publish it.

[Image: EXCEL-ECHO1.jpg]

got a volt meter?, measure 1 pin on maf
do so key on
idle
and then at stall test (brakes set hard, drive, wide open throttle for 3 sec, max) nobody in front of car, use wires from maf to you in cab.
use battery neg. post for ground. for best readings.with meter black lead.

the dead maf forces ecu to limphome mode here, and runs rich as a pig, fouling spark plugs fast.

the old maf is clearly marked with p/n , did you miss that?

-58b00 is my guess.

the prefix is same on all mafs, by suz.

one way never tried, is the usage of a gas engine powered leaf blower, to get 55g/s. bench tested (er,, lawn tested, lol)
crude yes.

the engine sucks hardest up hill, at 95HP is max air flow.... but is chicken and egg deal, cant get 95HP with any weak maf .

these cars are long in tooth
finding good used MAFs laying around, is like finding, gold.....
dont ask suzuki, you will not be happy.... ,"next unborn male child" is cost.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: High Idle when hot - low power on up hill - by fixkick - 03-30-2016, 07:20 AM