Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Idle when hot - low power on up hill
1997, car, does engine have 4 injectors or 1, called MPI or TBI.. a photo of the engine is a big big win here, outside usa. huge factor in getting correct answers.!!!
does car have MAF sensor at air cleaner, if yes, that is MPI, and they work in opposite fashions, (tech, functions)
16valves or 8,engine.?
ive no idea what market code that car would be.
but its not USA< and if not USA car, its dont have OBD2 , port at right knee, with our 16pin, DLC test port.
id need the firewall , chassis tag photo or the VIN if it has a VIN number.
that valve is 100% closed in your hand or in car not running.
100%
it opens with 12vdc, per my web page, type ISC in the search box. huge hits there...
first hit
http://www.fixkick.com/sensors/tests/IAC-E-tests.html

(03-16-2016, 01:08 AM)SrgBog Wrote: Hello everybody I'm new here...
Have this problem with my Suzuki Vitara 97' - any help will be very appreciated...
I live in Israel so its a pretty hot weather here...
When I start my car the idle jumps to around 1500 - when I am pushing the gas pedal the RPM jumps even higher and not going down even when the engine is hot...
As I want to start to drive -
I changing the gear from "P" mode to "D" the RPM goes down - seems that the gear connection with the engine stopping it from being higher...
SUre does that is engine load, stalled wheels. a huge load and the idle regulation rule in drive, are different.

So it drops to around 1000 RPM..
When I disconnect the ISC electronic connection the idle is drop down - (to where, need RPM number) the hot engine idles at 800 RPM
unless ECU idle up pins go true and then is 1000 rpm (lots if pins on ecu can do that and get 1000rpm, but 1000 is 1000, not 1500
the ecu controls idle at all times hot, not cold, as the IAC does cold only.

BUT sometimes it may be around the 800 RMP and sometimes its return to be high again..
800RPM is hard coded inside the ECU, there are NO RPM calibrations on cars, with EFI.

Well I checked the engine for air leaks - no leaks...
So today I cleaned the ISC - I noticed when I blow into the coolant liquid hoses there is no air flow.. (its clogged for sure) just clean the water path.
these 2 hoses. are to heat the trottle body, not the ISC, that is purpose.
the IAC< is thermal valve only (no wires) and must not be packed up and fail to flow hot water 180F water, if not it stuck open and 1500 rpm is what you get or more.

. is it suppose to be like that or something is stuck there ?
the air hose will be closed, due to the spring inside. \
the water paths on isc and IAC both must flow water free and air blown there ,in hand or hoses off.

Is this the problem of the high idle ? (can be on IAC for sure ,but not ISC but it must flow water for better cold starts.)O

What can be the reason of the low power on up hill ? ( that be other causes) Idle speeds have nothing to do with full engine power, after all IDLE controls are canceled off idle.

there are many cause, not just 2,
here ill lest them again.,..... (only fate or luck governs what can happen never , trends, or what other cars did or, worse rumors or ,my car did this)
engine not hot.
throttle cables set wrong.
its not air leaks, because your engine has 16valves (G16b means 16valves ) or KV engine, the body tag tell me what is in the car.

so bad idle
bad engine power, (we fix this first. because no EFI system can control idle correctly if the engine power is lacking. how could it? )
the idle controls can not just invent (create) engine power, it must be THERE.

so lets start over
photo of engine. (out side usa some still run CARBS. up to 2006)
and the chassis tag.
and post low engine power. (rpm at idle is last , dead last on all cars)

here is one tag

http://www.fixkick.com/sensors/tests/IAC-E-tests.html

see that 24 there, what is your 24?
24 is market, 1 of 53 markets and vast differences word wide. (each country has laws(long list) and that is what market is)
the above shows drive line codes for car, i can read all of those. can.

tell me is the cam timing belt 19 years old
if yes, that is very bad.
its a 100km part.
if the cam belt slips
the technician checks spark timing, and if way off,
the belt slipped, do not play with spark timing now, fix the belt first , then like magic spark goes back to spec.
we use timing light first.
using the timing freeze jumper.,
seen here
http://www.fixkick.com/IGN_timing/IGN-FREEZE.HTML

do it at 800 rpm hot. (some how)

ok its 4wd and has tach, all ours do. 4wd.

rpm wrong. hot.
engine not at 180F or more. 82C up.
throttle cables set wrong. up to 3 cables. must be set loose.
ECU in limhome , mode, and when so,,, cancels all idle controls now. scan it or get the flash codes.
ECU idle up pins true, (a.c on, p/s overload) and more.
on 8v engines, (ONLY) aNY AIR LEAKS,, ON 16V AIR leaks cause lean and RPM DROP, so... id love a photo of your engine..... sure would........???????
ECT reads wrong, if it read like 150F? , 1500 rpm is normal as that is cold idle speeds, dictated by THIS VALVE.
hot water not flowing trough the IAC (location not same on 8v as 16v but work the same way)
air leaks on 8v give full engine power
air leaks on 16v goes lean, and low engine power, and RPM.
so..... what engine is there, i need a photo outside usa, as inside USA it has only one 16v MPI engine. just one, but other countries, 2 engines, and 3 or more fueling systems.
more... sure, isc leaking air.
more, iac leaking air at 180F, (82C)
if rpm is 1000, then ECU is in idle up mode
there is no hot 1500 modes, ever. (means failures)

loss of power:
needs a tuneup.
fuel pressure low
MAF dirty or bad.
clogged, CAT converter.
bad engine. (compression not over 150psi warm to hot) my 16v does 180psi hot, at sealevel are you under 1000 feet altitude?
cam belt slipped, see psi above drop to as low as 80?
bad spark or spark wires, cap and rotor.
injectors leaking
FPR bad.
there are simple tests for each case.

i need a photo of engine and tag first.
i cant fix cars blind, is why.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: High Idle when hot - low power on up hill - by fixkick - 03-16-2016, 02:59 AM