Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stripped bolts on harmonic balancer
video:
note at time mark, 2:53 he fails to loosen the idle center bolt first. (its on an eccentric cam that idler) oops !
you can see this error there, 2 ways, the missed step (install #2) and the idle then rocks later, seen in vid, he fails to say it needs to be loose first. and show it.
no big deal , it a moot point, you new pump made you take that #7 bolt off.
Seems its a G16 16b not engine. the G16b does not require lash set real loose, due to 16 valves, that balance out the cam bias that on 8v does.
other than that one error. id does a G16B 16v correct,, but you dont have that engine, sorry, yours has that pesky , 8v head, see?
i diagree, it messed you up, the belt had to come off.. there is no other way to remove a pump. ever.
so putting it back is only one way.
you now have the instructions on 8v
its dead accurate.

the setting of tension on 8v, requires the valves to be loose. or ill cause huge valve spring tension, and that makes the tension spring totally useless.
what happens is the belt will run loose and , way before 60k miles.

the 8v page
and 16v are not the same page.

all G16, 8v same. even G13a and G10s.

(03-02-2016, 05:36 AM)droflex Wrote: K. I thought if I removed the old belt without moving the crank or cam gears that I would be able to slip the new belt on.

What messed me up on this procedure is that I had to pull the pulley and gear off as one piece.

From what your saying I will need to start from scratch by finding TDC,

I'll re-read your page again.

Here's the video I had watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0aCi0NfEHI

That guy is working on a 16v I believe. YES? HE IS. and is not an 8v. different head, different method.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
Stripped bolts on harmonic balancer - by droflex - 02-23-2016, 09:10 AM
RE: Stripped bolts on harmonic balancer - by fixkick - 03-02-2016, 09:12 AM