Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
96 tracker bogging
wrong forum?
Who said "aluminum"
and you a wrong, only some parts are aluminum.
The front axle is aluminum and is weak and most serious offroads kick it out of car day one. that is the only down side .
Upsides:
not the body, the crankshaft, rods, piston pins, cab, rockers,valves lifters. and most parts.
the block and head and intake are alum. and on a 16v so is the valve cover.
Aluminum spreads heat is very easy to cast and machines easy and the tooling last 10x longer.
It is lighter and makes car lighter and MPG is better.
Aluminum is one of the most popular metals on earth, you can wiki that, and all about that.
Aluminum bodies take near god like me to fix., have you ever done aluminum body work,,? you don't, you cut it out and reweld in new. end story.
One other down side , is the aluminum head on a iron block can be a horror they move independently with heat, takes a high tech gasket to solve that.
but we dont have that here.

(09-13-2013, 01:28 AM)Dorian6363 Wrote: In according to me all the parts of that tracker has totally made of aluminium and In European countries mostly people have liked it due to its reliability...............So what do you say about it buddy???????and so If any body wants to share any information about it then please share me buddy???SmileSmile

the aluminum list is the shorter list on this car, engine casing , and head, pistons, only, tranny casing , only and, front axle casing (early). and xfr case. minor exceptions, skipped)
the remainder are iron based , and plastic.s. great question.

Aircraft used Aluminum for a long time for the light weight. (from wood and fabric to aluminum , Howard Hughes rings a bell ....)
Duerener Metallwerke AG plant. In 1909 ,Germans lead this... the 500+ B29s that bomb Tokyo, airfames made of what, no so new Idea.
I have a motor cycle with pure magnesium side cases, over alum. block (XL350) the dark gray color is the 1s clue,

They started using aluminum coke cans in 1970 but upon arrival in Viet nam ,then they mostly exploded, before arrival. made use very angry, all water here was bad, (made you sick)
they are weak the cans. and take very careful packing. still not corrected.
Some of the first alum parts on cars showed up in intake manifolds and in transmissions now its Delrin plastic.

My dad worked in an Aluminum plant,, endless stories there. He automated it.

check out the 1922 secret here (the stolen formula) this is the true beginnings here. Great stories...
http://www.aluminiumleader.com/en/around...t/aircraft
http://www.fixkick.com