Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Fuel Pressure Regulator
(01-31-2016, 12:26 PM)fixkick Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 11:16 AM)jlyon Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 09:56 AM)jlyon Wrote: Thanks for the response. I am no mechanic, but you guessed that I am sure..hahah.

On compression test I only bumped starter on each cylinder until compression stroke and then read it. Sorry for my ignorance, should I try to run it and see what highest compression build is? When truck is running great is has tons of power, so I bet I just didn't do it right. Since you mention run it at WOT I am certain I goofed here. What did you mean by "block open throttle?

Sorry to sound so ignorant, but glad to know FPR is the culprit on the fuel testing done.
thanks again.

WOW, dangerous to give a man a tool if he doesn't know how to use. Didn't know how to compression test, but do now. Read up on it. Those readings stated were just first puff, all other plugs in and throttle plate not open.

I will certainly be redoing that!!!!!!

Thanks again.

yes 2 things, stave it of air
the tv is closed.100%
compression is best done warm or hot, so the IAC is close, no air there
and if doing so hotwiring the starter, the ISC is closed, no zero air,
just crank with foot in bit in to the trottle suck in some air
under hood doing it remote starter jumper( a tool)
i block open the throttle, key in pockets. so jam a screw driver in the throttle on TB crank, holding open throttle a bit.

im sure now your compression is ok.
it will do 170+ easy
or power would be way low. about 1/2

hey you went straight to a dead FPR, NICE WORK, and a real pain to drive a car with one dead.
waste fuel and hot CAT AND carbon packing up egr.
nice work@@

Well, the FPR didn't fix it. Sure it was dead, but the truck is still stumbling on its face. Started out great after FPR for about 10 miles or so. Outstanding power no stumbling. Then pulled up to stop sign and got rough idle. Took off and now stumbling again about about 60% of the time. Rest of the time runs smooth. Obviously I am getting spark as it runs so good at times. I am still only getting DTC for multiple misfires, so I guess it is time to move on to injectors??? Your thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Bad Fuel Pressure Regulator - by jlyon - 01-31-2016, 08:44 AM
RE: Bad Fuel Pressure Regulator - by fixkick - 01-31-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Bad Fuel Pressure Regulator - by jlyon - 01-31-2016, 09:56 AM
RE: Bad Fuel Pressure Regulator - by jlyon - 01-31-2016, 11:16 AM
RE: Bad Fuel Pressure Regulator - by fixkick - 01-31-2016, 12:26 PM
RE: Bad Fuel Pressure Regulator - by jlyon - 02-03-2016, 02:36 AM
RE: Bad Fuel Pressure Regulator - by fixkick - 02-03-2016, 03:39 AM
RE: Bad Fuel Pressure Regulator - by jlyon - 02-03-2016, 05:36 AM
RE: Bad Fuel Pressure Regulator - by fixkick - 02-03-2016, 08:34 AM
RE: Bad Fuel Pressure Regulator - by jlyon - 02-03-2016, 10:26 AM