Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Mechanic in Dallas-Fort Worth Area?
(01-14-2016, 05:39 AM)fixkick Wrote: sounds good.
id wait even just weak see if leak increase, stays same or less.
same here, if too cold , I us a rag and do it in spring.
depends on amount,

FixKik:

Need your opinion. I have been patient to determine the source of my oil leak. Since I had only recently purchased the tracker and the previous owner had had the cam seal replaced and claimed that was the only leak, I waited to see if a leak continues - as you suggested. Well, the only leak that no remains is dripping off the bottom of the front differential of the front axle/wheels. I have attached an image. The diff looks like it was sealed with some gray permatex type gasket sealant. There are drops of oil on the very lowest point of the diff and on a metal table that extends off the diff (you can see that in the image. There also appeared to be oil visible where the prop shaft exists the diff. There does not appear to be any oil on top the diff - it appears dry. Basically, the only place I can see oil is in those areas I mentioned. Do I have a oil leak in my front diff? What else should I check? If it is the prop shaft or diff seal(s), what is your recommendation for next steps?

Thanks

Ridge Runner
[attachment=462]

Apparently I was unsuccessful attaching my image. I am using my wife's Apple and I am a PC guySad

Here is another attempt to post an image of my apparent leak from the front diff    

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good Mechanic in Dallas-Fort Worth Area? - by Ridge Runner - 03-26-2016, 12:03 PM