Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken vsv nipples
Thank you so much for the huge amount of detailed information.....I'm not an english native speaker and I will have to read your post several times to fully understand the tips. The more I learn about this car the more I enjoy driving it.
I didn't say that the engine was recently fully rectified (cilinders, pistons, gaskets, valves, bushings etc..) and that the engine now has a life of 800 Km.
I will soon take the Sidekick back for the 1000Km check up (oil change and valves regulation)where it was rectified in the italian mainland (200Km from here).
As the Sidekick is my only car which I need daily (I live isolated on a stony hill) I don't feel like fiddle too much with parts I never put my hands on before. Luckily your endless fixkick site is very useful way to learn, to get tips and instructions and pass it to the mechanic as it is always best to be able to tell the mechanic where to look at before hand!
Today, after reading the fixkick site I started the engine and decided to fiddle with the TB idle bleed screw by closing it clockwise (it was screwed the opposite way) and managed to get to 500rpm idle....so I went back to get 800! Some white smoke and water dripping off the exaust.
Despite this fantastic achievement (thanks to your 'my idle is too fast' section) I will do the basic tests that you explain in your post like check the conduct from air filter to the throttle body, the coolant passage to IAC and ISC and do the ISC pinch test. I will tell the mechanic to inspect the IAC in throttle body and injector's gaskets and test TPS.
By the way, in your test for IAC, what if the IAC is bad ?? Could it be restored by cleaning or would I have to change the TB??
Also something else I noticed today by comparing the photos in the Fixkick site to my engine is that some previous owner eliminated the PCV valve (see attached photo). The PCV valve tube is not connected to the valve cover and it's capped with a bolt (?) What does this implies to the engine? Should I buy and fit the PCV valve straight away?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Broken vsv nipples - by MaurizioG - 11-01-2015, 09:25 AM
RE: Broken vsv nipples - by fixkick - 11-01-2015, 10:00 PM
RE: Broken vsv nipples - by MaurizioG - 11-02-2015, 07:31 AM
RE: Broken vsv nipples - by fixkick - 11-02-2015, 09:10 AM
RE: Broken vsv nipples - by MaurizioG - 11-02-2015, 11:54 AM
RE: Broken vsv nipples - by fixkick - 11-02-2015, 09:51 PM
RE: Broken vsv nipples - by MaurizioG - 11-02-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: Broken vsv nipples - by fixkick - 11-03-2015, 01:24 AM
RE: Broken vsv nipples - by MaurizioG - 11-03-2015, 01:57 AM
RE: Broken vsv nipples - by MaurizioG - 11-18-2015, 08:33 AM