Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
94 Tracker EGR stall test fail and . . .
you sir are very welcome and will be glad to walk you to the problem with the least work (assuming EGR must work, laws, tests, smog etc)

yes the 3/8" usa ratchet wrenches just wreck 10mm plugs, its a pain, that..... suzuki still sells them due to still on newer cars.

that surge is bogging, lean out. (it not misfire, to me)
might be 02 sensor issues, (unplug the front sensor , ignore DTCs ) and see if surge is gone. easy check.and defeat EGR too, for testing.
when you WOT it , the 02 is not used, and the MAF rules the fueling 100% (air + fuel = what you get, no trim)
off throttle is cut fuel mode, injectors shut down. so , cant surge.

out side usa, say in canada, there is no CEL when DTC code 51 trip, in usa , it will turn on the CEL running... the CEL trips very by country but all other errors trip it. that is all non 12 errors set the CEL running, on all vitara's EFI.

ok, cruise bogging.
its lean.
why is it lean, FPR (fuel press, reg yes) is stuck open causing low fuel pressure, but why would WOT work at low pressure, seems not FPR.
that brings me to induction air leaks
at low throttle, air leaks are huge campared to total air. flow.
but at WOT or near any air leak would be small, and thus not matter.
on OBD2 cars, we see fuel trim go way off, +40% can happen, -4 normal.
we dont have scan tools for OBD1 so is harder nut to crack. like Brazil nuts. LOL.

the MAF needs to be cleaned first, keep spray at least 6 inches away from the delicate parts inside the maf.
i use CRC maf cleaner, safe for plastics is why. (and sensors)
if its clean it will not under report air flows, under reporting causes lean fueling.
then no air leaks from MAF rear all the way to the intake valves in the head,
even injector cushions can leak air. all plenum points that leak and are not MAF metered will cause lean. (02 can correct small errors sure)
that huge air pipe on mine, omg, i looked behind it and the alum. mound to it was busted off, and there was this huge hole there,.. sucking air
as did a cracked PCV hose sucking unmetered air..

i agree , EGR is last , to me its always last.
find bog first.
when running right you will be amazed, at 95hp peppy engine.
http://www.fixkick.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: 94 Tracker EGR stall test fail and . . . - by fixkick - 10-26-2015, 12:24 AM