Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
94 Tracker EGR stall test fail and . . .
Thank you Kick,

Oh, missed a spec on the car - 5-speed.

I'll continue to work on it as time permits. Sorry, I don't have any history on this tracker. It was a $1,500 beater with a new soft top and tires, it ran so I decided why not. Hard to engage clutch was an easy fix with a new cable. The speedo needed a new cable and a new (used) instrument cluster. I only drive this tracker within about 15 miles of my house. I can walk to work so it doesn't have to be perfect but eventually I'd like to get to to run properly. Annual mileage will probably be 4,000 to 5,000 miles tops. Oh, I had the dreaded stripped fill plugs on the diff and tranny. Diff drained and refilled but will need to weld a bolt onto the tranny plug. Lots of future projects on this one :-)

Stumble and surge. At highway speeds, flat or downhill, with my foot just ever so slightly depressing the gas pedal surging/stumble happens. If I accelerate to half throttle or more NO surge, or if I completely remove my foot from the throttle pedal NO surge. Trying to hold a steady 55mph (or 60mph, etc) causes the surging, if you are completely in the throttle or completely off throttle all OK.

No idle or stall issues when stopping at a light (engine hot or cold ok). Cold idle is good too, starts up with a little extra rpm's and dies back after about 10 seconds.

CEL. Comes on with key at startup and goes off. No burning/or flashing CEL while driving. However, I cannot check the codes with the jumper wire, nothing happens. Also, can't fix timing with the jumper wire. I remember reading something in your posts about why I can't do this because of something else wrong with the tracker.

FPR = fuel pump regulator, correct?

Thank you very much for your reply,
Bruce

Messages In This Thread
RE: 94 Tracker EGR stall test fail and . . . - by tbb10785 - 10-25-2015, 10:52 PM