Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
97 Tracker 5V Ref Current Capability
Thank you for the reply . . . Yes the gray-red wire, inside row near the middle of the connector on the middle ECM connector (my ECM has three). I cut it (couldn't get the pin loose) so I could take the resistance readings and see the voltage out of the ECM at the same time. The 100 mA to 1/4 Amp current capacity makes sense. My manual (wire diagram) says the sender, but the tank pressure sensor makes sense as it would need a more accurate voltage to meet the emissions standards. I am not near the vehicle but I will check that tomorrow. With the tank back in place I can't follow the wires, so I went by what the diagram said. The explanation of the fuel gauge will also help as the new sender (old one was definitely an open circuit) didn't fix the dead fuel gauge either (it never moves and always reads below empty). It runs MUCH better with the reference restored to the map and egr. I also replaced both O2 sensors which appeared original from 97 (the previous owner had rounded them both completely off trying to get them out.) Bad live data from both and one heater was open. The combination of all the above made the engine surge at idle and stumble at numerous points of acceleration. I will drop the tank down tomorrow and check the wires and the pressure sensor as I have to install a Draw Tite hitch and will be under there anyway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 97 Tracker 5V Ref Current Capability - by TrackerJacker - 11-04-2015, 03:21 AM