Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater is not working. Help?
Hello all, i am having some issues with my 1995 zuki Sidekick XJ 4x4. When i turn the heat on i get nothing blowing out. I mean there is heat-ish. But unfortunately no heat ( Blowing ). Now i was under the impression it may just be something so simple as a fuse or maybe the fan isnt plugged in or something. Now i know the switches go bad on these but the switches seem fine for the heat i am just trying to figure it it may be the motor and if so how will i know if that s bad? I will take any advice if anyone has some. Thank you so much.
welcome !!!!
ok, this is common on all old cars...
ok this is the simple checks. and hard rules of physics.
1: blower must blow. blower dead on high is fuse blown 99%
2: next is engine heat, the engine must reach or exceed, 180F temp. (dash temp gauge shows fully hot but has no numbers sady) i use an IR gun to measure heat.
look ma, no burned hands. or stuck in fan belts.
3: bad fan (rare) hot wired its dead, is bad, fan.
4: if high works and not others , its the resistor block bad.
5: if 12vdc dont make it to fan, the the switch is bad.

if diving fast and heat blows hard, then all is good, but the damper is failing
lets cover dampers
they can be stuck in outdoor or recirc, , recirc is the most.
or the damper that blocks the core will kill all heat no mater how fast you drive or how fast the blower turns.
the blower sucks like 15amps current is real load. is it? 224watt fan is load, on high. like new. it was.

recap
engine really is hot.?
fan really does blow fast. on high. Heard)
heat fails moving fast? in out door lever mode?
dash hot cold lever actual moves the damper end to end, look under dash and see that lever move? its only a simple cable, end to end.
if the damper is open and fan blowing through it gets no heat,then the core inside parts is packed up. back flush it.
http://www.fixkick.com