Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm lost cant figure this thing out
Tongue 
K I have a 95 Suzuki sidekick it revs fine in neutral and park but when I put it in gear reverse or drive it falls on its face (has absolute no power engine wise it wont even pull itself on flat land. I was told that a 3/16 line is to small to run from the tank to the rail plz help it has me puzzled
(10-14-2015, 01:22 PM)suzuki sidekick Wrote: K I have a 95 Suzuki sidekick it revs fine in neutral and park but when I put it in gear reverse or drive it falls on its face (has absolute no power engine wise it wont even pull itself on flat land. I was told that a 3/16 line is to small to run from the tank to the rail plz help it has me puzzled

This a car you picked up? Or did this behavior begin after some other work? If that's the stock size fuel line, I'd think you would be fine, and it's something else.

Sometimes can be simple as a fuel line or fuel filter being partially clogged or kinked. When clogged pretty good can still pass just enough gas to allow you to start and rev when not under load, but then when you need the additional for the HP, there's not enough volume possible.

Fixkick can give you a more thorough step by step diagnosis though…hold on a bit.

Only time I ever suffered similar behavior in mine was on 2 occasions… 1) when my fuel pump was going out (wouldn't rev beyond a certain RPM eventually, but did run enough to get me home), and 2) one horrible winter when my fuel pressure regulator was dying. Had fuel in oil then though, that was the tell-tale clue, it was flooding things out, black smoke, spastic running.

rc
It is a 16 valve motor it is 4wd and its an automatic I changed both the mass air flow and the TOS didn't help any.as far as gears 1st will get to about 20 and when itshifts it instantly starts fall ing on its face I can baby it and it will go about 10 and wont go any faster then that until u shut it off and start it back up. Tryed to adjust timing didn't help. I dont believe it jumped time because it idle and starts fine

It leaks oil out of the front seal but other then that it dosnt leak anywere else
Yea tps it is a 3 speed 1 2 and drive
Will a three speed have that port in it?
What do u mean by stall test
do you have a od button on the shifter stick end. and OD lamp in dash cluster
do you have the P/N switch for the transmission on the shift console.

the stall test, is here.
http://www.fixkick.com/slush-pump.html#Stall

the above links covers that.
what brakes applied hard, hand an foot brake.
shift from park and then neutral to say , Low (1s)
step on gas pedal hard, to floor for 3 seconds
see max RPM on dash tachometer, 2000 RPM is normal,some do about 1500, depends on what transmission, is there.
less is a weak engine
more is transmission slip. (slip is also called flare or a false neutral)

i cant really help much, lacking what transmission is there.
not really. no anyone, id say.

3speed or 4 speed.
cant help lacking that KEY FACT!

http://www.fixkick.com/slush-pump.html#Stall

this test tells you what is wrong (ENGINE or TRANS ) IN 5 SECONDS.

http://www.fixkick.com
Ok it is a three speed trans I did the stall test it started the idle off at 1100 rpm I put it in gear and held it to the floor and it droped to 400 and stayed there

It is a three speed I did the stall test it started out at 1100 rpm and I shifted into first and started hitting the gas it dropped to 400 rpm and that is where it stayed
ENGINE FAILURE
Loss of engine power.
the ecu tries to hold idle above 800 actually 750-850 hot. even shifted to DRIVE>
it cant.
nor could you , by stepping on the gas. overriding the idle controls.
so what does the CEL lamp do , idling or stalling (the check engine lamp, seen on all cars 1989 to now)
[Image: cel.gif]

stays out.?
test.1
Key on, CEL glows, does it? It must or the ECU is sick, (backup mode is very sick)
start car, CEL goes out , does it ? (CHeck engine lamp in the cluster)_? if not?, that means it is storing, error codes,called DTC codes.
see later post for details and the jumper clip test.

when was last full tuneup?
spark parts
filters?
http://www.fixkick.com
It is a three speed I did the stall test it started out at 1100 rpm and I shifted into first and started hitting the gas it dropped to 400 rpm and that is where it stayed