Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any advice for '95 Sidekick restoration?
Thanks Fixkick, you are just so cool!

Sounds like good advice to me. My plan is coming together. Started practicing with the body filler yesterday after studying youtube videos. Will probably be doing body work for a few weeks, but have to wait for summer to do paint job. So I will finish fixing dents and then start on the suspension/axles/differentials and put the suspension back in first.

I also bought steel to make a custom front bumper and roof rack. I am going to order a winch to put on the front (mainly for looks). And a couple of super-bright accessory lights. So that stuff will take a while too. I can fit it all and then take it off for engine/transmission/transfer case installation (yes, 4 spd Aisin auto trans w/ 4WD).

I have a suspension kit that I ordered from LowRange with new springs and shocks. It is suppose to raise the body about one and a half to two inches over the stock height. I got it mainly so that it would be a little taller and easier to get in and out (don't have to scrunch down into the car) and it is suppose to have a little more "travel" that I am hoping will give a softer ride over local roads (frost heaves and bumps). I am one of the (if not the) slowest drivers in Alaska so I do not expect problems with a slightly higher center of gravity.

OK. back to work. Later.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any advice for '95 Sidekick restoration? - by Nunapitchuk - 01-12-2016, 02:41 AM